Connect with us

Regional

UN urges both contenders to accept the final result

Ariana News

Published

 on

(Last Updated On: August 19, 2014)

UN

United Nations called on the 2 Afghan presidential contenders to act on their commitments and after the separation of genuine votes from the fake votes accept the final result.

UN stated that the auditing process transparently continues and more than 100 international observers are busy with auditing the votes.

Meanwhile, The Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Afghanistan and head of UNAMA, Ján Kubiš, congratulated the Afghan people on the occasion of the 95th anniversary of Afghanistan’s independence.

“It is a real pleasure and honour for me to congratulate the Afghan people on the country’s Independence Day,” said Mr. Kubiš. “Your country has been an important member of the United Nations family and the UN is committed, today and in the years to come, to supporting the development of a peaceful and prosperous Afghanistan.”

Currently, the national and international observers are busy with auditing the electoral votes, but it should be seen how much the process will be satisfactorily for the Afghan people.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Featured

US Forces reject accusations of violating Doha agreement after Wardak airstrike

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: October 26, 2020)

Colonel Sonny Leggett, spokesman for US Forces Afghanistan, on Monday rejected claims by the Taliban that Sunday night’s airstrike against the insurgent group was in contravention of the Doha agreement.  

In a post on Twitter Leggett said: “USFOR-A conducted a targeted strike in Nerkh, Wardak last night- in defense of the ANDSF and in accordance with the US-TB Agreement- killing 5 Taliban fighters. 

“We reject the allegations of violating the agreement and of killing innocent Afghans,” he said. 

This comes after the Taliban accused the US earlier Monday of repeatedly violating the agreement which was signed in February in Doha. 

The group’s spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid tweeted Monday: “In recurrent violation of the Doha agreement, American invaders carried out a drone strike in Durrani area of Nerkh district Wardak dusk time Sunday resulting in 3 innocent children martyred.”

The Ministry of Defense meanwhile issued a statement saying at least 26 Taliban members had been killed and four others wounded in clashes in Sayedabad and Nima Wardak districts in the province. 

The MoD did not however mention anything about a US airstrike. 

Continue Reading

Regional

IED blast kills nine, wounds two in Ghazni

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: October 24, 2020)

At least nine civilians including – three women – were killed Saturday morning when a roadside mine hit a civilian’s vehicle, police confirmed.

According to Ghazni police, the incident occurred around 09:00 am local time in the Kotal-e Rawza area close to Ghazni city.

All the victims were civilians, police said.

Meanwhile, Police said that when the forces wanted to provide assistance and transfer the victims, the police Humvee hit by another roadside mine in the area and as the result, two policemen were wounded.

Ghazni police blame the Taliban for the incident, but the Taliban did not comment yet.

Local residents however said that at least 11 people killed in the blast. 

Continue Reading

Latest News

Taliban attack kills 24 soldiers, take several hostages in Nimroz

Ariana News

Published

on

Photo: Social Media
(Last Updated On: October 23, 2020)

The Taliban attacked an Afghan military base in the Delaram district of Nimroz province, killing at least 24 Afghan National Army (ANA) members.

Shahnawaz Qaderi, district governor of Delaram told Ariana News that the incident took place in the Dehmazang area of the district on Thursday night.

According to Qaderi, at least four soldiers were wounded and as many six soldiers were also taken hostages by the militants.

Sources said that the militants have seized all equipment of the base.

Meanwhile, a video released on social media also shows a number of soldiers were taken hostages while their hands were tied behind their backs with handkerchiefs in front of armed men.

The Ministry of Defense yet to comment about the incident.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending