Trump Plans to Dismiss H.R. McMaster; White House Denies

(Last Updated On: March 16, 2018 5:41 pm)

Reports in U.S. media about President Donald Trump’s plans to fire National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster have prompted the White House to issue a denial.

President Trump is not ready to oust his National Security Adviser Gen. H.R. McMaster, the White House said, even though Trump has been telling people around him that he intends to do so soon.

On Thursday evening the Washington Post cited five people with knowledge of the president’s plans who said it may take time to line up a successor and allow the three-star Army general to save face by getting a new job.

Hours after both reports came out, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders dismissed them, saying that “contrary to reports” McMaster and Trump “have a good working relationship and there are no changes at the NSC [National Security Council.]”

On Tuesday, the President Trump fired Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and told reporters at the White House he was near having his ideal team.

“I’m really at a point where we’re getting very close to having the Cabinet and other things that I want,” Trump told reporters on the South Lawn on Tuesday, moments after announcing Tillerson’s firing.

“There will always be change, but very little,” Trump said, without providing further details.

U.S. General McMaster was appointed in February last year following the resignation of Michael Flynn, who has since pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian government.

About Ariana News

Check Also

Osmani Says Will Remain In Post If CE Abdullah Persists

(Last Updated On: June 25, 2018 6:47 pm)Ali Ahmad Osmani, the dismissed minister of water …