Latest News
Turkey, Pakistan and Iran consulates close doors in Balkh
Consulate offices of Turkey, Pakistan and Iran have closed in Mazar-e-Sharif amid a deteriorating security situation in Balkh, local officials confirmed.
Officials said visas are no long being issued by these consulates and that the diplomats have been relocated to Kabul.
This comes as fighting in the province escalated substantially, resulting in the fall of a number of districts to the Taliban.
Balkh officials said that they reassured the consulates that they would ensure security and protection but that the consulates closed their doors instead.
Meanwhile, sources told Ariana News that Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan are now limiting the number of visas to Afghans.
Some politicians in Balkh have meanwhile established a new mobilization council in the province to protect the city of Mazar.
This council, which consists of officials and representatives of the parties, elected Atta Mohammad Noor as the chairman of the council.
Noor said the People’s Mobilization Forces were obliged to defend the city of Mazar-e-Sharif against Taliban attacks and to take part in offensive operations to retake lost territory.
Latest News
Mullah Baradar launches $150 million Lajward residential complex in Balkh
He also encouraged business leaders to expand investments in the housing and construction sector.
The foundation stone of the Lajward Residential Complex was laid on Tuesday in northern Balkh province by Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony, Baradar said the Islamic Emirate is placing special focus on achieving economic self-reliance, attracting domestic and foreign investment, and implementing major infrastructure projects across the country.
He described the Lajward Residential Complex as a significant example of ongoing development efforts and noted that large-scale projects in sectors including industry, transportation, electricity generation, and urban development are currently underway.
Baradar stated that practical work on master plans and urban expansion projects is continuing alongside national initiatives such as the Qosh Tepa project. He added that the Islamic Emirate considers it a responsibility to provide opportunities and facilities for both local and foreign investors in the construction sector.
According to his office, the Deputy Prime Minister emphasized that cooperation between the government and the private sector is essential for economic stability and the reconstruction of Afghanistan, while assuring continued support for investors.
He also encouraged business leaders to expand investments in the housing and construction sector.
During his visit to Balkh, Baradar said he would inspect commercial ports in the province to ensure the provision of 24-hour services and improve the efficiency of export and import operations.
The Deputy Prime Minister noted that senior officials from various institutions are accompanying him to closely assess economic activities, development projects, and challenges related to port operations in the province.
According to the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs Office, the Lajward Residential Complex will be built with a private sector investment of $150 million.
The project includes the construction of approximately 1,448 modern apartments and is expected to create around 7,000 jobs.
The complex will be developed on nearly 21 jeribs of land and will include schools, healthcare and commercial facilities, green areas, a mosque, sports and recreational centers, and other public amenities.
Latest News
Three arrested for smuggling 540 kilograms of hashish from Balkh to Uzbekistan
Mohammad Isa Wasiq, spokesperson for the Balkh police command, said the drugs had been hidden in a highly sophisticated manner to avoid detection.
Police in northern Balkh province say three individuals have been arrested on charges of smuggling 540 kilograms of hashish from Afghanistan to Uzbekistan through the Hairatan border crossing.
In a statement, the Balkh police command said the suspects had concealed the drugs inside an excavation machine and transported it through the Hairatan port in an attempt to smuggle them across the border.
Mohammad Isa Wasiq, spokesperson for the Balkh police command, said the drugs had been hidden in a highly sophisticated manner to avoid detection.
According to officials, the suspects have confessed to the crime and will be handed over to the relevant judicial authorities following the completion of preliminary investigations.
Hairatan port is considered one of Afghanistan’s most important commercial gateways and serves as a major transit route connecting the country with Central Asia.
Authorities say efforts to combat drug trafficking through key border crossings remain ongoing.
Latest News
Two children killed, mother injured in unexploded ordnance blast in Helmand
The two children were killed instantly, while their mother sustained serious injuries and was transferred for medical treatment.
Two children were killed and their mother seriously injured after an unexploded device detonated inside their home in southern Helmand Province, local officials said on Wednesday.
According to Nasir Ahmad Mahajer, spokesperson for the Helmand police command, the incident occurred at around 9:00 a.m. in the village of Kala Sabz in Khanashin District.
Officials said the children had reportedly brought an unidentified object into the house. While preparing tea, the device was placed into a fire, triggering a powerful explosion.
The two children were killed instantly, while their mother sustained serious injuries and was transferred for medical treatment.
Authorities have once again warned residents against touching or handling suspicious objects, stressing that unexploded ordnance remains a major danger in areas affected by years of conflict.
-
World3 days agoLarge blast near Beit Shemesh part of pre-planned test: Israeli defense firm
-
World3 days agoTrump returns from China with stability but little progress
-
Latest News4 days agoRussia asked to send medical teachers to Afghanistan: Overchuk
-
Latest News4 days agoU.S. reups $6 million reward for information on American missing in Afghanistan since 2014
-
Regional5 days agoIran has ‘no trust’ in US, will negotiate only if it is serious, Araqchi says
-
Business3 days agoChinese and Uzbek investors express interest in Afghanistan’s mining sector
-
Sport4 days agoIPL: Chennai Super Kings drop to sixth place after defeat against Lucknow Super Giants
-
Latest News5 days agoKhalilzad: Pakistan and Afghanistan on tragic trajectory, urges bold policy shift
