Connect with us

Latest News

Turkey, Pakistan and Iran consulates close doors in Balkh

Published

on

Consulate offices of Turkey, Pakistan and Iran have closed in Mazar-e-Sharif amid a deteriorating security situation in Balkh, local officials confirmed.

Officials said visas are no long being issued by these consulates and that the diplomats have been relocated to Kabul.

This comes as fighting in the province escalated substantially, resulting in the fall of a number of districts to the Taliban.

Balkh officials said that they reassured the consulates that they would ensure security and protection but that the consulates closed their doors instead.

Meanwhile, sources told Ariana News that Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan are now limiting the number of visas to Afghans.

Some politicians in Balkh have meanwhile established a new mobilization council in the province to protect the city of Mazar.

This council, which consists of officials and representatives of the parties, elected Atta Mohammad Noor as the chairman of the council.

Noor said the People’s Mobilization Forces were obliged to defend the city of Mazar-e-Sharif against Taliban attacks and to take part in offensive operations to retake lost territory.

Latest News

Afghanistan vows retaliation after Pakistan launches air strikes

Published

on

The Ministry of National Defense of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan said on Sunday that the Pakistani military once again violated Afghanistan’s airspace by carrying out airstrikes in Nangarhar and Paktika provinces.

In a statement, the Ministry said the strikes targeted a religious madrasa and several civilian homes, resulting in civilian casualties, including women and children.

The Ministry “strongly condemned” the airstrikes, calling them a clear breach of Afghanistan’s national sovereignty, as well as a violation of international law, Islamic principles, and the norms of neighborly relations.

The statement reaffirmed that safeguarding the country’s sovereignty and protecting its population are both religious obligations and national duties of Afghanistan’s defense forces. It warned that a “measured and appropriate response” would be taken at a suitable time.

The ministry also argued that attacks on civilian areas and religious institutions demonstrate what they described as failures in Pakistan’s intelligence and security apparatus, adding that such actions cannot conceal Islamabad’s internal shortcomings.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Over 365 women-related cases resolved in past month: Virtue Ministry

Published

on

The Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (MPVPV) said in a statement that over the past month, it has handled 368 cases related to women’s religious rights.

According to the statement, the ministry also arrested 30 alleged sorcerers, resolved 175 cases of disputes and conflicts, held 743 meetings with traders, and conducted 1,304 reformative sessions with religious scholars and various segments of society.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Five die as vehicle plunges into river in Badakhshan

Published

on

Five people lost their lives after a vehicle veered off the road and fell into a river in Afghanistan’s northeastern Badakhshan province on Saturday, local officials said.

According to Ehsanullah Kamgar, spokesperson for the Badakhshan police, the incident occurred when an SUV skidded off the road on Tashkan Bridge and plunged into the river.

Kamgar said that security forces in Kishm district have so far recovered the bodies of four passengers, while search operations are underway to locate the fifth victim.

The victims were residents of Argo district.

 
 
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Ariana News. All rights reserved!