Latest News
Taliban seize at least six districts in past 24 hours: Sources
Taliban have seized control of six district centers – in Takhar, Kapisa, Balkh, Samangan, Ghazni, and Kandahar provinces – in the past 24 hours, local sources told Ariana News.
According to the sources, Farkhar district in Takhar, Alasay in Kapisa, Kaldar in Balkh, Feroz Nakhchir in Samangan, Gelan in Ghazni and Khakrez in Kandahar province fell to the Taliban in this time.
Kaldar, in Balkh, fell to the Taliban last week but Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) in cooperation with local uprising forces, led by the province’s former governor, Atta Mohammad Noor, regained control of the district on Tuesday, but on Wednesday, the Taliban released a video claiming the group had recaptured the district center.
Fawad Aman, deputy spokesman for the Ministry of Defense (MoD) said early Wednesday the ANDSF had pushed back the Taliban in many areas across the country.
“We have captured many areas and have launched heavy attacks on the enemy,” said Aman.
Local sources, meanwhile, told Ariana News that Taliban have also recaptured Mirzaka district in Paktia, Dawlat Abad in Faryab, Shortepa and Kaldar in Balkh, Chah Ab, and Hazar Smoch in Takhar and Tala wa Barfak in Baghlan.
“Seven out of 14 districts are under Taliban control in the province,” said Shafiqullah Ahadi, an activist in Baghlan.
Sources in Takhar, and Badakhshan provinces also said that the security situation had deteriorated in their provinces.
“Taliban have surrounded Takhar province, but operations have not started so far,” said Sayed Sayyed Salahuddin Burhani a member of Takhar provincial council.
“Taliban attempt to seize more areas,” said Ziaullhaq, an MP.
In addition, the Taliban has also reportedly seized control of Khakrez district in Kandahar province and heavy clashes are ongoing in Grishk, Garmsir, Marjah, Nad Ali, and Nawa districts of Hemand province, as well as in the provincial capital Lashkhargah.
“Taliban want to capture districts, and Lashkargah city will also fall if government does not help,” said Attaullah Haq Bayan, head of Helmand provincial council.
Afghan Commandos meanwhile have retaken control of the Imam Sahib Port in Kunduz after the Taliban seized the port last week.
Abdul Hadi Nazari, spokesman for the 217th Pamir Military Corps, said at least 13 Taliban had been killed in the operation.
The Taliban has not yet commented.
Latest News
Azerbaijan sees strong prospects for cooperation with Afghanistan
Latest News
Qatari ambassador pledges support for restoring Afghanistan’s historical archives
Latest News
Afghan authorities warn companies over work visa fraud
Afghanistan’s Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs says it has summoned representatives of travel agencies over allegations of illegally issuing work visas to Turkey and other countries through black market networks.
According to the ministry, company officials were asked to provide written commitments stating that they would no longer collect money from people under the pretext of obtaining work visas and would fully cooperate with authorities in investigating public complaints.
The ministry also warned the companies against engaging in any illegal activities related to overseas employment visas and said action would be taken against violators.
At the same time, citizens were urged not to fall victim to fraud or false promises and to avoid handing over money or personal documents to unauthorized individuals or companies claiming to arrange foreign work visas.
-
Regional4 days agoRevised Iranian proposal to end war shared with US, Pakistani source says
-
Latest News4 days agoAfghanistan, China discuss Wakhan Corridor cooperation and future infrastructure projects
-
Sport4 days agoCanada aim for historic first World Cup win on home soil in 2026
-
Regional4 days agoPakistan deploys jet squadron, thousands of troops to Saudi Arabia during Iran war
-
Sport3 days agoMexico City Stadium to host opening match of FIFA World Cup 2026
-
Health5 days agoAfghanistan launches second nationwide polio vaccination campaign of 2026
-
World5 days agoChina to buy at least $17 billion in US agricultural products annually, White House says
-
Latest News3 days agoIndia announce squads for Afghanistan Test and ODI series
