Connect with us

Latest News

Survivors call for Kabul school bombing to be seen as act of genocide

Published

on

(Last Updated On: )

The survivors and families of victims of the girls’ school bombing in Dasht-e-Barchi in Kabul last Sunday have called on the Afghan government and the international community to recognize the attack as an act of “genocide”.

Addressing a press conference Sunday, they stated that a specific ethnicity was targeted in the attack.

According to the families, at least 95 people – mostly schoolgirls – were killed and more than 200 others wounded in last week’s deadly bombing.
The families stated that the attack was a violation of human values and human rights.

Rajab Ali, who lost two of his relatives stated: “This brutality must be stopped. Such attacks must be prevented so that people can pursue education peacefully.”

Mina is another Afghan who lost a sister in the bombing, she stated: “I don’t want to witness such a terrible attack again.”

Meanwhile, students of Sayeed-ul-Shuhada – who are still dealing with severe mental anguish following the attack – stated that they will not give up and they “will firmly pursue their education.”

“I promise to continue this path (education) stronger than ever and I will definitely make Afghanistan one day,” Shirin Rezae, a student at the school said.

“I hope that the day will come when we will be capable of being candidates for the Presidency,” she added.

Masooma Yaqubi, another student stated: “We call on the international community, the United Nationals, and human rights organizations to investigate this brutal attack and to identify the perpetrators through a fact-finding commission.”

This comes after the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) last week urged the government to grant special protection to Hazaras and the community in Dasht-e-Barchi.

The AIHRC said in a statement that it was the government’s duty to protect the Hazara community against crimes against humanity, ethnic cleansing, or genocide.

The AIHRC stated that government has an obligation to “protect the population at risk of war crimes, crimes against humanity, ethnic cleansing or genocide.”

“The Afghan government has an obligation under International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and International Human Rights Law to protect the population at risk of war crimes, crimes against humanity, ethnic cleansing or genocide and international law obliges the government to take measures to end and prevent genocide and war crimes, crimes against humanity and persecution on the basis of ethnicity and gender,” the statement read.

“In October 2020, just over six months ago, more than 40 students died in an attack on Kawsar Danish tutoring center. In May 2020, almost a year ago 11 mothers were murdered with their unborn babies, two boys were, and an Afghan midwife was killed, with 5 mothers injured; this is femicide and infanticide,” the statement highlighted.

The AIHRC stressed that the Afghan government should fulfill its obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights “which includes acknowledging massacres targeting Hazaras.”

“The Afghan government should communicate immediately a human rights-based protection plan for Dasht-e-Barchi and West Kabul. This should include plans for collective reparations,” the organization said.

Latest News

Acting FM Muttaqi discusses trade and transit ties with UAE envoy in Kabul

Published

on

(Last Updated On: )

Acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi on Friday met with Saif Mohammad al-Katbi, UAE’s special representative for Afghanistan and discussed bilateral relations, trade, visa facilitation, transit development and regional issues, said Zia Ahmad Takal, the head of public relations at the foreign ministry.

In a statement, Takal stated that Muttaqi evaluated the relations between the Islamic Emirate and the UAE as positive and expressed hope that implementing the agreements made during the recent visit to the UAE would further develop the trade and transit relations between the two countries.

According to the statement, Mohammad al-Katbi also regarded the relations between the two countries as important and added that the purpose of his visit to Kabul was to follow up on the recent agreements between the two countries’ foreign ministers.

Continue Reading

Latest News

EU-Central Asia summit calls for inclusive government in Afghanistan

Published

on

(Last Updated On: )

The leaders of the European Union and five Central Asian states called for an inclusive government in Afghanistan that respects human rights and fundamental freedoms in a summit in Samarkand city of Uzbekistan on Friday.

“We emphasised our strong commitment to see Afghanistan develop into a secure, stable and prosperous State with inclusive government and governance systems that respects the human rights and fundamental freedoms of all its citizens, including women, girls, persons belonging to ethnic and religious groups and minorities, is at peace with itself and its neighbours, and that respects its international obligations,” the summit’s declaration reads.

They also expressed concern over the humanitarian situation in Afghanistan and recognized the need to continue supporting the people of Afghanistan.

The summit also called for “full and equal access to education conforming to international standards and participation in public life of women and girls in Afghanistan.”

The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) has repeatedly claimed that the current government in Afghanistan is inclusive and that human rights are respected.

Samarkand meeting marked first EU-Central Asia summit.

The leaders of the European Union and five Central Asian countries including Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan held their first summit on Friday to discuss ways to boost trade and other ties.

Addressing the summit, Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev expressed regret that the global community underestimates challenges emerging from Afghanistan.

“We believe it is important to actively engage the Afghan side in regional economic processes, also through implementation of investment and infrastructure projects, restoring the social sector.” Mirziyoyev said. “We hope for understanding and support in facilitating the international community’s constructive dialogue with the Afghan authorities to meet the current commitments.”

Continue Reading

Latest News

Thirty, killed, 155 injured in traffic accidents in Afghanistan during Eid

Published

on

(Last Updated On: )

As many as 80 traffic accidents occurred across Afghanistan on the last day of Ramadan and the three days of Eid-ul-Fitr, resulting in 30 deaths and 155 injuries, the General Directorate of Traffic of the Ministry of Interior Affairs has announced.

It said in a statement that the number of traffic accidents during Eid this year has decreased compared to last year, as there were 98 accidents during Eid last year, leaving 50 dead and 185 injured.

The statement said that the fatalities in traffic accidents during Eid this year include 19 men, 2 women and 9 children.

The injured include 117 men, 8 women and 30 children.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Ariana News. All rights reserved!