Latest News
SpaceX, NASA successfully launch astronauts into space

A spacecraft of SpaceX – a private American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company – carrying two NASA astronauts soared into outer space Saturday.
The liftoff took place at 3:22 p.m. local time on Saturday from Kennedy Space Center in Florida, US, marking the country’s first human travel into Earth’s orbit from US soil in the last decade.
We did it 🚀
In partnership with @SpaceX, we successfully launched @NASA_Astronauts to space from U.S. soil. Here’s a recap of today’s historic #LaunchAmerica mission with @AstroBehnken and @Astro_Doug who are on their journey to the @Space_Station : https://t.co/Y0vkPwKJSp pic.twitter.com/oJlMl20Cci
— NASA (@NASA) May 31, 2020
“Today’s launch also marks the start of the commercial crew era of U.S. human spaceflight,” NASA said in a statement.
“What a great day for NASA, what a great day for SpaceX, and what a great day for the United States of America,” said NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine. “It’s been nine years since we’ve launched American astronauts on American rockets from American soil, and now we have done it again.”
It is SpaceX’s final test flight to validate its crew transportation system, including the Crew Dragon, Falcon 9, launch pad, and operations capabilities, NASA added.
“During the mission, the crew and SpaceX mission controllers will verify the performance of the spacecraft’s environmental control system, displays, and control system, maneuvering thrusters, autonomous docking capability, and more,” the organization noted.
According to the statement, NASA’s Commercial Crew Program is working with SpaceX and Boeing to design, build, test, and operate safe, reliable, and cost-effective human transportation systems to low-Earth orbit.
The United States hasn’t launched its own astronauts into space since the Space Shuttle Program ended in 2011. Since then, NASA’s astronauts have had to travel to Russia and train on the country’s Soyuz spacecraft, CNN reported.
The spacecraft is expected to dock with the International Space Station around at 10:29 a.m. local on Sunday.
Latest News
Thirty, killed, 155 injured in traffic accidents in Afghanistan during Eid

As many as 80 traffic accidents occurred across Afghanistan on the last day of Ramadan and the three days of Eid-ul-Fitr, resulting in 30 deaths and 155 injuries, the General Directorate of Traffic of the Ministry of Interior Affairs has announced.
It said in a statement that the number of traffic accidents during Eid this year has decreased compared to last year, as there were 98 accidents during Eid last year, leaving 50 dead and 185 injured.
The statement said that the fatalities in traffic accidents during Eid this year include 19 men, 2 women and 9 children.
The injured include 117 men, 8 women and 30 children.
Latest News
More international support desperately needed for Afghanistan mine action: UNAMA

More international support is desperately needed for mine action in Afghanistan, which is one of one of the countries on earth that is most impacted by the explosive remnants of war, the United Nations mission in Afghanistan, UNAMA, said on Friday.
Marking the International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action, UNAMA said on X that over decades of conflict, tens of thousands of ordinary Afghans have lost their lives or limbs because of landmines and unexploded ordnance, adding that most of the victims today are children.
“Mine clearance work is painstaking, dangerous, and costly. Education to prevent accidents, and rehabilitation for those left with disabilities is also essential,” UNAMA said.
UNAMA called for more international support to Afghanistan, saying it “saves lives, and serves as an investment in a safer, more stable, and prosperous future for Afghanistan.”
In 2024, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) recorded that there were 434 children among those injured or killed in 251 incidents linked to diverse forms of explosive ordnance. This accounts for over 76 percent of the total number of recorded casualties.
Latest News
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chief minister proposes permanent residence for Afghan refugees

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur has proposed that Afghan refugees be granted permanent residence in Pakistan.
This comes as the Pakistani government is deporting Afghan refugees citing security concerns.
There are currently 2.1 million registered Afghan migrants in Pakistan, more than half of them in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Pakistani officials have repeatedly claimed that attacks in the country are planned on Afghan soil and that Afghan citizens have been involved in a number of attacks. The Islamic Emirate, however, has denied the claim, saying Afghanistan is not responsible for Pakistan’s “security failure”.
While the chief minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has called for permanent residence for Afghan refugees, its governor, Faisal Karim Kundi, has criticized the statement as “absurd.”
Kundi said the current security crisis in Pakistan is deeply linked to Afghanistan and 70 percent of recent attacks in Pakistan have been planned on Afghan soil.
He also claimed that weapons left over from foreign forces in Afghanistan are now being used against Pakistan, a claim the Islamic Emirate has previously denied.
-
World5 days ago
Myanmar quake death toll hits 1,700 as aid scramble intensifies
-
Sport5 days ago
IPL 2025: Gujarat Titans beat Mumbai Indians by 36 runs
-
Latest News4 days ago
Switzerland re-establishes presence in Kabul with humanitarian office
-
Latest News4 days ago
Pakistan plans to expel 3 million Afghan refugees this year
-
World4 days ago
South Korea, China, Japan seek regional trade amid Trump tariffs
-
Regional4 days ago
Iran’s Khamenei warns of ‘strong’ response if US attacks
-
Latest News3 days ago
US won’t rest until all Americans detained in Afghanistan brought home: Rubio
-
Latest News3 days ago
Afghanistan’s reconstruction is in the interest of EU: Uzbek president