Breaking News

Residents Protest against Operations of ‘Campaign Forces’ in Khost

(Last Updated On: March 04, 2018 5:43 pm)

A number of Khost residents on Sunday blocked the Kabul-Khost highway in protest against the operations of “campaign forces” in the province.

The protesters claimed the “campaign forces” – known as the pro-government armed forces – have killed three people including a woman and arrested several others during an operation in the province, insisting that the victims had no links with anti-government armed groups.

Blocking the Khost-Kabul highway for several hours, the protesters, urged the government to release the arrested people and prosecute perpetrators of the incident.

The protesters also asked the government to stop the operations of these forces in Khost. They said any operation in the province should be conducted with coordination of local organs.

The provincial security authorities said that a commission has been set to investigate the incident.

The “campaign forces” backed by the international forces in Khost have not commented regarding the incident so far.

About Ariana News

Check Also

International Police Coordination Board Meeting Held in Kabul

(Last Updated On: September 19, 2018 7:58 pm)The International Police Coordination Board (IPCB) meeting was …