Connect with us

Balkh

Rahgozar Replaces Atta Noor As Balkh Governor: Source

Avatar

Published

 on

(Last Updated On: March 13, 2018)

A senior member of Jamiat-e Islami party, Ishaq Rahgozar has been appointed as the new governor for the northern Balkh province, a government source confirmed to Ariananews Tuesday.

“Recently, the Presidential Palace has agreed on appointment of Ishaq Rahgozar for the governor of Balkh seat and the nomination of Farhad Azimi and Mirwais Balkhi for the Ministry of Education position,” the source said.

Munir Ahmad, the spokesman of Noor also said that ARG and Jamiat will reach an agreement to solve the differences in the near future.

“We have discussed on different issues and hope to reach an agreement in the nearest time,” Munir Ahmad said.

However, the introduced governor of Balkh by the government, Engineer Dawood who are now in Kabul said that the government leaders have assured him to be the official governor of Balkh.

The news comes after Abdullah Abdullah, NUG’s Chief Executive said yesterday, March 12, that the tensions between Atta Mohammad Noor and Government will be resolved until last days of current solar year.

Noor was ousted from his longtime post few months ago after President Ghani signed his resignation and appointed Engineer Mohammad Dawood, another member of Jamiat Party, as new governor of Balkh province.

The decision and president’s decree was immediately refused by Mr. Atta Noor and further warned that no one including President Ghani can remove him from Balkh leadership.

Since then, Mr. Noor repeatedly insisted on his stance against the decision and said that he will remain as Balkh governor until Jamiat Party and the presidential palace reach an agreement.

Several meetings were made between Jamiat Party and the government over the issue in Kabul which mostly ended with no results.

A delegation from government consisting Masoom Istanikzai, Chief of National Directorate of Security and Salaam Rahimi, Chief of President’s Administrative Office, traveled  to Balkh province to solve the issue.

The talks have reportedly led to positive results and have reduced tension between both parties.

Balkh

Ulema: Eid-ul-Fiter prayers must be practiced as per pertinent guidelines

Avatar

Published

on

(Last Updated On: May 23, 2020)

 The Ulema call on people to practice the Eid-ul-Fiter prayers in line with the guidelines given by the ministries of Hajj and Religious Affairs and Public Health.

In a resolution, the Ulema (religious scholars) asked the imams to shorten the Eid prayer sermons and focus their agenda on ending the war, bringing peace, and healthcare guidance against the Coronavirus.

In addition, the Ulema underline the need for healthcare measures, such as disinfecting the prayer venues, performing the prayers in the open air, keeping distance, and wearing masks.

They also have banned the presence of the infected from joining the congregations.

Aimed to prevent the outbreak of the Coronavirus, they want the people to celebrate the holiday indoors with their families, and seriously avoid in-person socializing such as visits, embracing, hugging, and handshakes.

In the meantime, Baghlan health officials announced that over 60 mosques where the prayers are scheduled to be held Sunday in Pol-e-Khumri, have been disinfected and that the campaign continues in all parts of the province.

The Baghlan police chief has also announced to provide special security for the prayer venues (mosques) and the city.

In Kabul, officials say the city will be completely quarantined during the Eid, and people should stay indoors throughout the days and avoid traveling at all to prevent the spread of the virus.

Meanwhile, the ministry of interior has said this Eid will be a curfew in Kabul and that the police are going to enforce the curfew strictly.

It is noteworthy that the health officials have consistently said that an unprecedented calamity is on its way to hit the nation unless the people abide by the rules of restrictions and follow the health guidelines.

Continue Reading

Balkh

Balkh conditionally lifts movement restrictions amid COVID19 outbreak

Avatar

Published

on

(Last Updated On: May 10, 2020)

Balkh has decided to conditionally lift movement restrictions in the city while the COVID19 outbreak continues.

The anti-coronavirus commission in Balkh has decided to conditionally and gradually ease the lockdown in Mazar-e-Sharif city starting from today, Sunday.

The commission said it was important to abide by the rules of healthcare guidelines at work, and that all guilds, except those that were not considered necessary, such as hotels, could start operating today.

On the other hand, a number of Mazar-e-Sharif residents see the lifting of restrictions as harmful in the current situation because the virus is still spreading.

In the meantime, in the last 24 hours alone, 43 new cases have tested positive in Balkh, and there is a total of 300 confirmed infections already there.

Continue Reading

Balkh

Qaisari’s arrest not authorized by the central government

Avatar

Published

on

(Last Updated On: January 23, 2020)

The operation of Nizamuddin Qaisari’s arrest was not authorized by the officials in Kabul. The fact-finding committee of the Afghan Parliament on Qaisari’s case underlined that Khushal Sadat, former security deputy for MOI and the former commander of 209 Shaheen Corps, Wali Mohammad Ahmadzai, led the assignment to take Qaisari into custody, adding that they didn’t have a warrant by the court, however, the Balkh police chief said that they had been ordered by the central government.

The fact-finding committee said that Qaisari’s arrest was conducted without a warrant by the Attorney General or the Supreme Court and/or any orders from the Ministry of Defense or Interior Affairs.

“The Afghan security forces surrounded Qaisari’s house, used air forces, and bombarded a house where a family was living. Everything was against the law,” Mahdi Rasekh, a member of the committee said.

The committee underlined, after the investigations, that Khushal Sadat and the 209 Shaheen Corps commander, Wali Mohammad Ahmadzai, are responsible in the case.

“The Defense Minister didn’t send a warrant, and based on evidence, Khushal Sadat organized the mission,” said Sayed Zaher Masroor, a member of the committee.

The committee added that the security forces had looted Qaisari’s belongings and properties.

Furthermore, two people were taken in custody and then killed by the security forces, according to Rasekh, “Qaisari’s chef and bodyguard were arrested and were later shot by the security forces.”

Qaisari’s house was surrounded on December 14th midnight by the Balkh police which had a press release the next day stating that, they were supposed to arrest Qaisari on charges of land grabbing and carrying illegal armed forces.

The arrest assignment turned out to be a 24-hour clash between the security forces and Qaisari’s guards, leaving 7 dead and 11 others wounded.

Continue Reading

Trending