Breaking News

Nangarhar clashes leave 300 families displaced

(Last Updated On: July 19, 2016)

kotThe recent Daesh attack over Kot district in eastern Nangarhar province has displaced at least 300 families.

Officials say they have launched a campaign to provide the displaced families with the required aids while people say they have not received any aids yet.

The so-called Islamic State (IS) fighters launched a coordinated attack over Kot district of Nangarhar province four weeks ago.

Since then the Afghan security forces and Daesh militants are sporadically fighting which have claimed the life of 19 civilians and have injured 122 others.

Nangarhar governor Salim Khan Kunduzi who was distributing some specific amount of cashes to displaced families promised to provide them with further supports.

Public upraising commander Haji Hayat Khan said that Daesh is still powerful in Kot district.

Khan says more families may displace if Daesh is not defeated.

Kot is a district in north of Nangarhar province where Daesh militants have a foothold in east of Afghanistan.

This comes as recently President Ghani ordered anti-Daesh operation aiming to eradicate the terrorist group from Afghanistan. 

About Ariana News

Check Also

Four Countries Hold Talks in Abu Dhabi over Afghan Peace Process

(Last Updated On: November 15, 2018)Representatives of Afghanistan, United States, Saudi Arabia, and the United …