Latest News
Khalilzad Warns Tehran to Keep Afghanistan Away from US-Iran Tensions
The U.S. Special Envoy for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad says if Iran create obstacles in front of the U.S. efforts for peace in Afghanistan, Washington will be tough against Tehran.
Speaking during a special interview with Ariana News, Ambassador Khalilzad said Afghanistan must be kept away from U.S.-Iran problems.
“If Iran wants to bring problems to Afghanistan or complicate our efforts for peace we will have a very negative reaction,” Khalilzad said.
In addition, the U.S. envoy encourages Pakistan to improve its relations with Afghanistan in order to have a good relationship with the U.S. and its allies.
“Pakistan’s cooperation with Afghanistan and resolving Afghanistan’s problem will open the door for the western countries, especially the United State cooperation with Pakistan. We had very complicated relations with Pakistan during the last couple of years and we want to improve our relation with Pakistan,” he added.
Meanwhile, Khalilzad expressed his optimism regarding China-Russia agreement on the Afghan peace process, adding that Germany is also trying to mediate to bring peace in Afghanistan.
In response to Kabul and Washington relation after a possible peace agreement, Khalilzad said Taliban is eager to have political and economic relations with the U.S. after a peace accord.
“Even Taliban says they want a good relation with the United States in the future,” he said,” There is a need for help, we are ready to continue our support to Afghanistan.”
This comes as the U.S. delegation led by Ambassador Khalilzad will hold seventh rounds of direct talks with the Taliban negotiators in Qatar in the near future aimed at ending the long-lasting war in Afghanistan.
Latest News
Afghanistan seizes large cache of weapons at Torkham
Authorities in Nangarhar say the provincial Intelligence Directorate has intercepted a large cache of weapons and ammunition concealed inside a vehicle carrying returnees from Pakistan at the Torkham crossing.
According to Ghulam Rahman Haidari, the deputy governor of Nangarhar, intelligence forces recovered 525 weapons along with thousands of rounds of ammunition. He said the weapons had been “skillfully hidden” in different compartments of the vehicle.
Two individuals have been detained in connection with the discovery.
The seized cache includes 497 pistols, one Kalashnikov, 10 M4 rifles, and 17 ‘Titko’-type weapons, Haidari said.
The deputy governor described the incident as the work of “certain malicious groups” and emphasized that security forces will not allow the stability of the province to be undermined.
He added that, moving forward, no Pakistani vehicle will be permitted to travel beyond the Omari camp checkpoint, and returnees will be transported to their home areas by the Islamic Emirate at its own expense.
Latest News
Afghanistan vows retaliation after Pakistan launches air strikes
The Ministry of National Defense of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan said on Sunday that the Pakistani military once again violated Afghanistan’s airspace by carrying out airstrikes in Nangarhar and Paktika provinces.
In a statement, the Ministry said the strikes targeted a religious madrasa and several civilian homes, resulting in civilian casualties, including women and children.
The Ministry “strongly condemned” the airstrikes, calling them a clear breach of Afghanistan’s national sovereignty, as well as a violation of international law, Islamic principles, and the norms of neighborly relations.
The statement reaffirmed that safeguarding the country’s sovereignty and protecting its population are both religious obligations and national duties of Afghanistan’s defense forces. It warned that a “measured and appropriate response” would be taken at a suitable time.
The ministry also argued that attacks on civilian areas and religious institutions demonstrate what they described as failures in Pakistan’s intelligence and security apparatus, adding that such actions cannot conceal Islamabad’s internal shortcomings.
Latest News
Over 365 women-related cases resolved in past month: Virtue Ministry
The Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (MPVPV) said in a statement that over the past month, it has handled 368 cases related to women’s religious rights.
According to the statement, the ministry also arrested 30 alleged sorcerers, resolved 175 cases of disputes and conflicts, held 743 meetings with traders, and conducted 1,304 reformative sessions with religious scholars and various segments of society.
-
Latest News5 days agoIEA releases three Pakistani soldiers to mark Ramadan
-
Latest News4 days agoAfghanistan’s Chief of Armed Forces underscores readiness and equipment for national defense
-
Latest News3 days agoAfghanistan welcomes investment and technology partnerships with India
-
Latest News5 days agoGrateful to Afghans and Ulama for obeying the Islamic Emirate, says Hibatullah Akhundzada
-
Sport3 days agoAfghan Peaks founder climbs Aconcagua to promote Afghanistan’s mountain potential
-
Latest News2 days agoIndian customs seize Chinese walnuts falsely declared as Afghan
-
Business3 days agoPakistan allows re-export of stranded Afghan transit cargo
-
Latest News3 days agoPakistan signals possible air strikes as Kabul releases Pakistani soldiers in goodwill move
