Connect with us

Latest News

International Community must cut off aids to Pakistan

Ariana News

Published

 on

(Last Updated On: August 13, 2015)

HEZB ISLAMI_13_08_2015_DARI_SOT.avi_snapshot_00.14_[2015.08.13_16.57.27]

The Afghan government must convince the international community to cut off all aid funding to Pakistan, members of Hezb-e Islami Union Council said.

Members of Hezb-e Islami Union Council declared that they are sure Pakistan will never be honest with Afghanistan, and sending any delegation for talks would have no result.

However, they support President Ghani’s recent position against Pakistani government but stating that President must not trusted Pakistan.

“Pakistan has proved that has no honesty against Afghanistan. We should not expect any honesty from it,” Hamayoun Jarir, member of Hezb-e Islami Union Council said.

They criticized president’s last optimisms over Pakistan and are said to believe the government should provide internal unity against Pakistan.

“Previously, we were extremely optimistic over Pakistan which is not acceptable. The government, parties and leaders must unite because it is clear where the center of terrorism is,” Joma Khan Hamdard, CEO of Afghanistan Hezb-e Islami Council said.

Hezb-e Islami Union Council in a press release also expressed concern over militias of in the country, particularly the Northern Provinces.

Many in Afghanistan accuse Pakistan of being host to Taliban bases that are used to plan attacks such as the bombings over the weekend. Pakistan, which faces its own Taliban insurgency, denies that it has actively allowed its territory to be used in this way.

Pakistan last month hosted inaugural talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban, who are fighting to re-establish hard-line Islamist rule more than 13 years after the U.S.-led military intervention that toppled their regime.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Taliban declares three-day ceasefire for Eid celebration

Avatar

Published

on

(Last Updated On: May 10, 2021)

Taliban group has announced a three-day ceasefire in Afghanistan during Eid al-Fitr, the group said on Monday.

“Mujahideen have been instructed to stop all kinds of offensive operations across the country from the first to the third day of Eid-ul-Fitr,” Mohammad Naeem, the group spokesman said.

Insurgent fighters have been instructed to break the cease-fire only for self-defense and not to visit enemy areas or host Afghan security forces during the three-day Eid celebrations.  

“The Mujahideen must not visit enemy areas nor permit entrance of enemy personnel into Mujahideen controlled areas,” Naeem tweeted.

 The Taliban have previously declared nationwide Eid cease-fires but resumed fighting immediately after the festivities.  

The ceasefire declaration came two days after bombings outside a school in the western of Kabul, killed at least 68, most of them students, and injured more than 165 others.

President Ashraf Ghani has declared Tuesday a day of mourning for the victims bombing.

Afghan government said the Taliban was behind the attack.

But no group claimed responsibility for the attack.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Rights watchdog calls on govt to protect Hazaras against genocide

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: May 9, 2021)

The Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) said Sunday in a statement that the Afghan government has to grant special protection to Hazaras and the community in Dasht-e-Barchi.

The AIHRC said it was government’s duty to protect the Hazara community against crimes against humanity, ethnic cleansing or genocide.

The statement comes a day after a deadly bombing close to a girls high school in Dasht-e-Barchi killed 63 people and wounded 187.

The AIHRC stated that government has an obligation to “protect the population at risk of war crimes, crimes against humanity, ethnic cleansing or genocide.”

“The Afghan government has an obligation under International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and International Human Rights Law to protect the population at risk of war crimes, crimes against humanity, ethnic cleansing or genocide and international law obliges the government to take measures to end and prevent genocide and war crimes, crimes against humanity and persecution on the basis of ethnicity and gender,” the statement read.

“In October 2020, just over six months ago, more than 40 students died in an attack on Kawsar Danish tutoring center. In May 2020, almost a year ago 11 mothers were murdered with their unborn babies, two boys were, and an Afghan midwife was killed, with 5 mothers injured; this is femicide and infanticide,” the statement highlighted.

The AIHRC stressed that the Afghan government should fulfill its obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights “which includes acknowledging massacres targeting Hazaras.”

“The Afghan government should communicate immediately a human rights-based protection plan for Dasht-e-Barchi and West Kabul. This should include plans for collective reparations,” the organization said.

Continue Reading

Latest News

ATRA questioned over payment of hefty salaries to executives

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: May 9, 2021)

First Deputy Chairman of the Afghan Senate Mohammad Alam Ezidyar on Sunday lashed out about hefty salaries being paid to Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) executives stating its chief receives a salary of around 700,000 AFN a month.

He also stated that board members of the organization get paid about 300,000 AFN a month.

Ezidyar said such hefty salaries for ATRA employees was against the law.

“Advisors and employees at the ATRA office have been appointed with high salaries, which is a violation of the law. The members of the board of directors of ATRA are being paid up to 315,000 AFN,” Ezidyar said.

“According to which policies are these privileges being implemented, and the head of ATRA is being paid 675,000 AFN?” he asked.

The head of ATRA Umar Mansour Ansari, who was summoned to the Meshrano Jirga (Upper House of Parliament) to brief Senators on the 10 percent tax on mobile phone cards, stated money for salaries is from revenue generated by the organization.

In defense of the issue, Ansari said the authority did not get government funding and that it generated and used its own revenue.

“ATRA is a non-budgetary organization and we have not received any funding, and ATRA collects its own revenue and finances its own expenses, and the organization is independent,” Ansari said.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Ariana News. All rights reserved!