Connect with us

Latest News

Initial agreement of Kabul, Islamabad smashes Taliban if not reconcile

Ariana News

Published

 on

(Last Updated On: January 11, 2016)

vlcsnap-2016-01-11-18h31m10s72

Officials in Afghanistan, Pakistan have agreed in initial steps that those Taliban who aren’t reconciling in Afghanistan peace talks process will come under military attack from all corners.

Some reliable sources told to Ariana News that Pakistan in the first peace session will demand some privileges from the Government of Afghanistan.

Meanwhile Afghan officials have stated that terrorist groups shouldn’t enforce conditions to begin peace talk’s process.

Part of the agreement which was made in between Pakistan and Afghanistan indicated that terrorist groups and insurgents either join peace talks or else they will be smashed by both military forces of Afghanistan Pakistan launching operations in Badamcha, Kashlakh where there insurgency centers are, the next step will be to zero the financial sources of Terrorism in Pakistan.

Afghan journalist Perviz Kawa said,” Taliban have been divided into two group,Taliban who are trying to join peace talks process and Taliban who aren’t willing to do so will be demolished after both countries Armies launch military operations.”

Pakistan has been asked once again to take particle steps on removing terrorism and insurgents and claim its honest stance.

President Ashraf Ghani spokesman Sayed Zafar Hashimi said,” Taliban shouldn’t have conditions and sit behind the negotiation table, negotiation groups should be recognized, we don’t want to waste our time.”

Recently officials in chief executive office have stated that Islamabad to provide a list of those Taliban who are willing to join Afghanistan peace talks process.

Chief executive Abdullah Abdullah said,” the quartet peace talk’s process in Islamabad will declare re beginning of the peace talks, and there will be two more sessions to be held in between USA, Afghanistan, and China.”

All conditions from both sides will be discussed in the following quartet session which will be held in between Afghanistan, USA, Pakistan and China in Islamabad.

Reported by Ahmad Farshad Saleh

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Afghan MMA fighter defeats his American opponent

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: August 9, 2020)

Nasrat Haqparast, an Afghan MMA fighter, defeated his American opponent Alex Munoz in a UFC fight in the United States.

The match was held Saturday in Las Vegas, US.

Haqparast managed to win all three rounds on every scorecard against his rival.

By defeating Alex Munoz, the Afghan fighter has picked up his 12th win in the UFC rings.

Haqparast is the second Afghan who is fighting in the UFC after Siyar Bahadurzada.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Seven policemen killed in Ghazni Humvee bomb explosion

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: August 9, 2020)

At least seven policemen were killed and 16 others wounded in a vehicle bomb explosion in central Ghazni province.

Wahidullah Jumazada, a spokesman for the provincial governor told Ariana News that an explosive-laden Humvee was detonated at the Public Protection Battalion of Ghazni on Saturday evening.

The incident took place in the Kotal-e-Rawza area, Jumazada said, adding that several gunmen engaged in a gunbattle with Afghan forces following the explosion.

Officials at a Ghazni hospital said so far seven bodies and 14 wounded individuals had been taken to the hospital.

Local officials have not yet provided further details. 

No group or individual including the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Continue Reading

Featured

Afghanistan to release 400 ‘hard-core’ prisoners to start peace talks

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: August 9, 2020)

The Loya Jirga, or grand council, on Sunday officially agreed to release 400 Taliban prisoners so as to pave the way for intra-Afghan peace talks. 

The Jirga, made up of 3,200 tribal elders, community leaders and politicians, announced their decision on the third and final day of the gathering. 

“In order to remove an obstacle, allow the start of the peace process and an end of bloodshed, the Loya Jirga approves the release of 400 Taliban,” the assembly said in a resolution.

Within minutes, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani said, “Today, I will sign the release order of these 400 prisoners.”

In his closing speech Ghani said: “We have the capacity for peace, and most importantly, we have the moral courage that war is not the solution.”

He said both the people and government of Afghanistan accept the Taliban as a reality but it was now up to the Taliban to prove whether they accept the diversity and unity of Afghanistan or not.

“The Loya Jirga of Afghanistan made history today. The Afghan Loya Jirga wants to end the last 40 years” of war, he said. 

“Great courage is not in war, great courage is in peace,” he added. 

He also said the decision made collectively by the delegates proved it was a sign of the country’s national unity and the people’s belief in the constitution and system of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.

The release of the 400 “hard-core” Taliban prisoners has been a stumbling block in the peace talks process over the past few months, following the Doha agreement signed between the US and the Taliban. 

In accordance with the agreement, the Afghan government had to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners. Over 4,600 have been released so far but the final 400, who were listed by the Taliban, has been a sticking point. 

Last week Ghani called for a Loya Jirga to make the decision. 

According to Reuters, talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government will start in Doha this week.

However, Ghani has said that the Taliban must agree to a complete ceasefire before talks can start. 

This latest move comes amid mounting pressure from the United States for Afghanistan and the Taliban to work out a peace deal. 

Ahead of November US elections, Trump is determined to fulfill a major campaign promise of ending America’s longest war.

The drawdown of troops is part of the US’s plan and will bring the number of US troops to “a number less than 5,000” by the end of November, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said in an interview broadcast on Saturday.

Continue Reading

Trending