Connect with us

Latest News

IEA announces 27 new appointments to key positions

Published

on

Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) officials on Monday announced the names of 27 people who have been appointed to key positions within the new government.

Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the IEA, said the men had been appointed to the posts by order of Mullah Haibatullah Akhundzada, the IEA’s leader.

According to a list posted on Twitter by Mujahid, Mawlavi Shahabuddin Delavar has been named as acting minister of mines and petroleum, and Mullah Mohammad Abbas Akhund has been named as acting minister of disaster management.

In addition, twenty-five others have been appointed as deputy ministers, corps commanders and heads of independent departments.

The new appointments are as follows:

• Mawlavi Shahabuddin Delavar, Acting Minister of Mines and Petroleum

• Haji Mullah Mohammad Esa Akhund, Deputy Minister of Mines and Petroleum

• Mullah Mohammad Abbas Akhund, Acting Minister of Disaster Management

• Mawlavi Sharafuddin, Deputy Minister of Disaster Management

• Mawlavi Enayatullah, Deputy Minister of Disaster Management

• Mawlavi Hamdullah Zahed, head of the National Procurement Department

• Sheikh Abdul Rahim, Deputy Director of the National Procurement Department

• Mawlavi Qodratullah Jamal, Head of the Supreme Audit Office

• Mawlavi Ezatullah, Deputy Chief of the Supreme Audit Office

• Mawlavi Mohammad Yousef Mastari, Acting Director of Prisons

• Mullah Habibullah Fazli, Deputy Director of Prison Affairs

• Mawlavi Keramatullah Akhundzadah, head of the Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission

• Mawlavi Ahmad Taha, Deputy Minister of Borders and Tribes

• Mawlavi Gul Zarin, head of the nomads at the Ministry of Borders and Tribes

• Sheikh Mawlavi Abdul Hakim, Deputy Minister of Martyrs and the Disabled

• Mawlavi Saeed Ahmad Shahidkhel, Deputy Minister of Education

• Mawlavi Abdul Rahman Halim, Deputy Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development

• Mawlavi Atiqullah Azizi, Deputy Minister of Finance and Administration of the Ministry of Information and Culture

• Mullah Faizullah Akhund, Deputy Minister of Youth, Ministry of Information and Culture

• Mawlavi Saifuddin Tayeb, Deputy Director of Communications

• Mawlavi Fathullah Mansour, head of Kandahar airport

• Mohammad Ismail, Executive Commander of the Military Court

• Mawlavi Esmatullah Asim, the deputy of the Red Cross

• Mawlavi Rahimullah Mahmoud, Deputy Commander of the Al-Badar Corps in Kandahar

• Mawlavi Abdul Samad, Deputy Commander of Azam Corps in Helmand

• Mullah Nasser Akhund, Deputy Minister of Finance

• Mawlavi Arefullah Aref, Deputy Minister of Energy and Water

Latest News

Over 365 women-related cases resolved in past month: Virtue Ministry

Published

on

The Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (MPVPV) said in a statement that over the past month, it has handled 368 cases related to women’s religious rights.

According to the statement, the ministry also arrested 30 alleged sorcerers, resolved 175 cases of disputes and conflicts, held 743 meetings with traders, and conducted 1,304 reformative sessions with religious scholars and various segments of society.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Five die as vehicle plunges into river in Badakhshan

Published

on

Five people lost their lives after a vehicle veered off the road and fell into a river in Afghanistan’s northeastern Badakhshan province on Saturday, local officials said.

According to Ehsanullah Kamgar, spokesperson for the Badakhshan police, the incident occurred when an SUV skidded off the road on Tashkan Bridge and plunged into the river.

Kamgar said that security forces in Kishm district have so far recovered the bodies of four passengers, while search operations are underway to locate the fifth victim.

The victims were residents of Argo district.

 
 
Continue Reading

Latest News

Moldova bans Afghan airlines over safety concerns

Published

on

Moldova’s government has included Afghan airlines in its updated list of carriers banned or restricted from operating in the country, effective 19 February 2026, in line with EU aviation safety rules.

The order, signed by Deputy Prime Minister Vladimir Bolea, covers more than 200 airlines from around 20 countries, including Afghanistan, Russia, Iran, and North Korea. Most face a complete operating ban in Moldovan airspace and airports, while some have limited operational permissions, state news agency Moldpres reported.

The Civil Aviation Authority of Moldova will monitor compliance. The ban remains in place until Moldova joins the European Union.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Ariana News. All rights reserved!