Breaking News

Gunmen Seize 30 Passengers in Kandahar – Uruzgan Highway

(Last Updated On: February 28, 2018)

 

Gunmen have abducted 30 passengers yesterday while they were traveling on the Kandahar-Uruzgan highway, said local authorities in the southern Kandahar province.

“Armed men abducted the passengers after stopping their bus on the road yesterday, February 28, in Urdoblagh area along the highway”, said Dost Mohammad Nayab, spokesman of Kandahar governor.

The official said that it is not yet clear who were the abductees but stressed that efforts are underway in order to release the passengers from custody.

Gen. Raziq, Kandahar Police Chief had previously confirmed that the Taliban abducted 19 passengers from Kandahar-Uruzgan highway.

However, the Taliban have yet to comment regarding the incident.

About Ariana News

Check Also

Ghani Meets Ambassadors of ‘Stakeholder Nations’ Ahead of Geneva Conference

(Last Updated On: November 19, 2018) President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani met with ambassadors and representatives …