Connect with us

Regional

Ghani condemns Lashkargah’s attack in Helmand

Ariana News

Published

 on

(Last Updated On: October 9, 2014)

3

President Ashraf Ghani Ahmad Zai condemned Lashkargah’s attack in the capital of Helmand in the strongest terms.

On Wednesday, a car bomb went off in the capital of southern Helmand province that killed 3 civilians including a child and wounded 18 others.

President of Afghanistan condemned such terrorist attacks and said the enemies of Afghan people once again brought sorrow to our innocent people.

President Ghani expressed condolences to the families of martyrs and demanded Allah to give patient for them.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

30 Taliban militants killed in Helmand, Maidan Wardak, Balkh clashes

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: July 2, 2020)

At least 30 Taliban militants were killed in clashes with the Afghan forces in Helmand, Maidan Wardak, and Balkh provinces.

The Defense Ministry said Thursday that the militants stormed security outposts of the Afghan forces in Grishk and Nadali districts on Wednesday night.

At least 13 Taliban fighters were killed in Sarband and Yakhchal areas in Grishk and five more were killed in the Nahr-e Bughra area of Nadali in the counterattack, the ministry said, adding that five Taliban dead bodies have remained on the battlefield.

Meanwhile, the Taliban attacked Afghan forces in the Mohammad Quli area in Jaghatu district of Maidan Wardak province which faced “fierce resistance” by Afghan forces.

The Ministry of Defense added, as a result, 9 Taliban militants were killed and a vehicle and a motorbike of the group were destroyed.

In a separate incident, the Taliban militants attacked a convoy of the Afghan security and defense forces in the Shulgera district of Balkh province.

The Defense Ministry confirmed, adding that three insurgents were killed and four others wounded in the incident.

The ministry, however, did not provide further details about the casualties of the Afghan forces.

The Taliban yet to make a comment on the matter.

It comes as the United Nations in a statement on Thursday urged all warring parties to reduce violence and attacks against each other. 

Continue Reading

Latest News

Civilians killed as Afghan forces launched counterattack in Helmand: AIHRC

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: June 30, 2020)

The Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) says dozens of civilians have been killed in the Helmand province in the Afghan forces counter-attack.

The commission said that the Taliban first attacked the army soldiers from a point close to the area – where later witnessed heavy shellings – at least 27 civilians were killed and 35 others wounded in the crossfire between the Taliban militants and the Afghan forces.

Naeem Nazari, deputy head of the Independent Human Rights Commission, said: “A few moments before the incident, the government’s armed opposition carried out attacks from near the site, prompting a backlash from Afghan forces. The Afghan government should seriously investigate the incident.”

The Afghan military, however, claimed that a car bomb explosion and missile attacks by the Taliban caused civilians’ casualties in the Sangin district.

Wali Ahmad Ahmadzai, commander of the 215 Maiwand Corps, said: “I am ready to clarify any organization that it was not done by government forces, but from explosives that they (Taliban) had planted in the market.”

The Taliban claimed that the Afghan soldiers have fired rockets at the Ganj, cattle market, which had been overcrowded, killing dozens of civilians.

Meanwhile, the Afghan Senate urged all laterals to conduct serious investigations into the incident.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Taliban mortar, car bomb kill 23 civilians in Helmand: govt

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: June 29, 2020)

At least 23 civilians were killed and 15 others wounded after mortars hit a Bazar in Helmand province.

The incident happened at around 9 a.m. Monday in the Sangin district of the province.

The provincial media office said in a statement that the incident occurred after four mortars fired by the Taliban a Bazar in the district and then a car bomb went off in the area. 

According to the statement, all the victims were civilians.

Earlier a security source on a condition of anonymity had told Ariana News that the mortars were fired by the Afghan army as they were targeting Taliban militants sheltered in the area.

The Helmand media office, however, denied Afghan forces’ involvement in the attack, saying “it was a rumor by the

enemy.”

In a separate incident, six civilians were killed and two more injured after their vehicle hit a roadside mine in the Washir district of Helmand on Sunday afternoon.

Police said that mine was planted by the Taliban.

The Taliban yet comment about the incidents.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending