Breaking News

Death toll from Kabul blast raises to 64

(Last Updated On: April 20, 2016)

toll

Kabul explosion death toll has raised to 64 people, the Afghan police says.

Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqi tweeted that 64 “innocent Afghans were killed and 347 more wounded,” in yesterday’s Taliban attack over a military compound.

A suicide attacker detonated a vehicle and a fierce gun battle followed in one of the deadliest attacks in Kabul for years.

A Taliban spokesman claimed the responsibility of the attack immediately.

It came a week after it said it was launching its “spring offensive”, warning of large-scale attacks, although the group fights all year round.

Tuesday’s bombing happened during the morning rush hour in Pul-e-Mahmud Khan, a busy neighborhood where homes, mosques, schools and businesses nestle close to the Ministry of Defense, other ministries and military compounds.

It had previously been reported that at least 30 people had been killed and 330 injured.

About Ariana News

Check Also

Protesters Close Kabul – Gardiz Highway in Logar

(Last Updated On: November 21, 2018)Hundreds of protesters on Wednesday closed Kabul – Gardiz highway, …