CE Abdullah: Cemetery Blasts in Kabul will be Investigated

(Last Updated On: June 3, 2017)

Surviving from triple explosions that took place during a burial ceremony for the son of the Senate House deputy Chairman on Saturday in Kabul, Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah says the incident will be investigated.

The blasts were followed by three suicide bomber – blowing up among the people attended the funeral ceremony of Senator Mohammad Alam Ezadyar’s son Salem Ezadyar in Khair Khan area of the city, killing at least seven and injuring more than a hundred.

Earlier in the day, Kabul Garrison in a statement warned of possible suicide among staged public rally in the city that turned violent on Friday and several were killed and injured.  

In response to Kabul Garrison, following today’s suicide bombings CE Abdullah said: “Garrison should response to the people, what is their role in maintaining security.”

His remarks came at a press conference right from his home, after surviving from the attack.

Speaking on Wednesday’s attack in the city that killed dozens, Abdullah reiterated that those were negligent in their duty will follow prosecution.

” Those who were negligent in their duty and those who ordered shooting against protesters will face prosecution.”

One of the demonstrators demand was resignation of the President and Chief Executive.

” If that would have been the solution, I would have been the first to resign,” Abdullah said.

About Ariana News

Check Also

NATO Service Member Killed in Possible Insider Attack in Herat

(Last Updated On: October 22, 2018)A service member of NATO’s mission- Resolute Support in Afghanistan …