Bus bombing in Nangarhar kills 12 army recruits wounds 38

(Last Updated On: April 11, 2016 7:22 pm)

110420161902545140

At least 12 army recruits killed and 38 others wounded when the suicide bomber on a motorcycle packed with explosives, targeted the vehicle of Afghan security forces in Nangarhar, Afghan army sources confirmed.

The number of casualties was expected to rise, several officials said.

The incident took place earlier this afternoon in a crowded part of Sabzabad village of Surkh Rod district of Nangarhar province.

“There were 50 army recruits who were heading to Kabul for training. We have brought the injured recruits to hospital in the city, 125 kilometers (77.5 miles) from the Kabul after the blast,” Asadullah, army soldier said.

The provincial public health officials confirmed that they have received nearly 50 dead or wounded bodies from the incident site so far.

The spokesman of the defense ministry, Dawlat Waziri has also confirmed one of the ministry’s buses carrying army recruits had been attacked but put the number of wounded at 26.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility by the Taliban or other terror groups for the attack.

The suicide attack in Nangarhar coincides with another one in Kabul hours earlier, killing 2 people and injuring five others.

About Ariana News

Check Also

Asia Cup 2018: Rashid Khan Stars in Afghanistan’s 136-run Win over Bangladesh

(Last Updated On: September 21, 2018 10:35 am) Rashid Khan’s quick fire 57* complemented by …