Connect with us

Latest News

BSA in interest of Afghanistan

Ariana News

Published

 on

(Last Updated On: May 5, 2015)

SENA _05_05_2015_DARI_SOT.avi_snapshot_00.58_[2015.05.05_18.20.26]

Afghanistan National Security adviser who summoned to Parliament due to the failure of the Bilateral Security Agreement (BSA) between Kabul-Washington has said that the security accord is in interest of Afghanistan and America has fulfilled its commitments so far.

A number of representatives in Parliament claimed that according to the recent insecurities and the appearance of Daesh in the country, America failed to fulfill commitments.

Hasib Kalim Zai, Member of Parliament said, “Afghanistan is facing the threats of Daesh and other terrorist groups. So why America does not help us, if it is our strategic partner?”

“By signing the BSA, Daesh appeared in the country,” Musa Asakzai, another parliament members said.

The U.S.–Afghanistan Strategic Partnership Agreement, officially titled Enduring Strategic Partnership Agreement between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the United States of America, is an agreement between Afghanistan and the United States of America that provides the long-term framework for the relationship between Afghanistan and the United States of America after the drawdown of U.S. forces in the Afghanistan war.

Hanif Atmar, National Security advisor stated that the annual cost of Afghan security forces is $ 4,900 million which only $ 700 million of it is the responsibility of Afghanistan.

“There are significant progresses, but generally the treaty has also restrictions. Afghanistan decided to take full responsibility of providing the security from US troops.” Atamar said. “America has not failed in its commitments. The US government and NATO pay $ 12 million daily for the cost of Afghan security forces.”

He stressed that as US congressmen promised President Ghani in his trip to Washington they will stand by their commitments till the year 2017.

The Bilateral security Agreement (BSA) is part of the Strategic Cooperation Partnership Agreement which was signed between the two countries.
National Security advisor emphasized that the security accord has been implemented since four months ago but according to the treaty they just play a supportive role.

Meanwhile, Hanif Atamar also said that Afghanistan is now facing the threats of regional and world terrorists.

“Daesh is a regional and world organization which also has interest to Afghanistan,” Atmar noted.

Rumors of the presence of Islamic State (IS) elements in Afghanistan have repeatedly made it into the media over recent months, sparking public debate and adding to the anxiety about what course the insurgency might take.

The Islamic State (IS) group, also known by an Arabic acronym, Daesh, has gained a toehold in Afghanistan, although with the loss in a drone strike of its most prominent and recently appointed commander, Rauf Khadem, that toehold is looking precarious.

Over the past few months, the Iraq and Syria-based Islamic State (IS) has been making inroads in media-reporting, at least, in Afghanistan.

In July, Reuters, reporting from Waziristan, said that “some Taliban, including some of the younger commanders were enthusiastic about ISIS… eagerly debat[ing] the new movement,” although it did not specify whether these were Afghan or Pakistani Taliban or both.

In September, the BBC managed to find a Hezb-e Islami commander in Baghlan province who said he was considering joining the IS.

This was followed by reports about the distribution of pro-IS pamphlets in Afghanistan and Pakistan and the release of taped messages of allegiance to the group by “local militants in parts of Pakistan and Afghanistan”.
Reported by Abdul Aziz Karimi

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

COVID-19

135 new Coronavirus cases registered – Afghanistan

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: July 14, 2020)

The Ministry of Public Health says that in the last twenty-four hours, 135 positive cases of Coronavirus have been registered in the whole country, with Kabul having the highest number of cases of Covid-19 with 51 people.

Coronavirus cases are declining in Afghanistan. However, the number of patients in the country is still in the triple digits.

 According to the statistics of the Ministry of Health, 135 positive cases of Coronavirus have been registered in the country in the last 24 hours, of which 51 were in Kabul, 37 in Herat, 16 in Ghor, nine in Logar, nine in Balkh, four in Kunduz, three in Baghlan, three in Laghman, two in Takhar and one in Kunar have been infected with the Coronavirus.

The Ministry of Health has said that with the registration of these cases, the total number of people infected with the coronavirus in Afghanistan has reached 34,740.

“Over the past 24 hours, 135 positive cases of the coronavirus have been identified in Afghanistan,” said Masoumah Jafari, deputy spokeswoman for the Ministry of Health.

The ministry added that 24 people had died in the past 24 hours and that the death toll from the Coronavirus had risen to 1,062.

According to the Ministry of Health, in the past 24 hours, 279 people with the Coronavirus have recovered and the number of recoveries has reached 21,454.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Around 3,000 civilians casualties in six months: AIHRC

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: July 14, 2020)

The Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) said in its six-month report that 1,213 Afghan civilians were killed and 1,744 were injured in the first six months of 2020. These casualties were reported in 880 incidents.

The Independent Human Rights Commission (IHRC) said that the death toll was up 19 percent from last year. In the first six months of this year, an average of 16 civilians killed every day, according to the report.

According to the Afghan Human Rights Commission, 31 percent of all civilian casualties were in targeted assassinations, 26 percent as a result of landmine and car bombings, and 11.7 percent in suicide attacks, 11.5 percent in ground warfare, as well as airstrikes and night operations.

533 killed and 412 wounded as a result of targeted assassinations.

A total of 259 civilians were killed and at least 507 were injured when mines and car bombs exploded. Civilian casualties in these types of incidents show a seven percent increase compared to the same time last year.

According to the report, the number of female deaths in the first six months of 2020 has decreased by 0.5 percent compared to the first half of 2019.

“In 2020, a total of 378 civilians were victims of rocket attacks, including 117 deaths and 261 injuries,” said Naeem Nazari, deputy director of the Human Rights Commission. “The number of civilian casualties from rocket attacks is 47% lower than in the first half of last year.”

According to the findings of the Human Rights Commission, of the total civilian casualties in the first six months of 2020, 48.5% were caused by the Taliban, 26.7% by unknown perpetrators, 15.5% by government forces, and 6.3% by ISIS, 2.3 percent were carried out by international forces, and the rest were casualties from rocket fire by Pakistani forces in Kunar, Kandahar, Paktia and Khost provinces.

The Ministry of Interior does not reject the possibility of civilian casualties but says police have worked to prevent civilian casualties during the war.

The Afghan Human Rights Commission urges the war parties in Afghanistan to respect the international humanitarian law treaties, not to harm civilians during armed conflict, and to immediately start peace talks by establishing a ceasefire.

Continue Reading

Business

Embezzlement in Afghan customs; $1 billion annually lost to graft

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: July 14, 2020)

More than $1 billion annually is being lost to embezzlement from the Afghan customs revenues. 

Integrity Watch of Afghanistan said Tuesday local tyrants have embezzled millions of dollars from Herat customs, adding that the government has no plan to prevent stealing of public treasury.

A statistic shared by officials from Herat customs shows that the customs have more than 30 billion AFN incomes per year but less than 20 billion AFN had been collected in the government’s account.

Since 1390, the Persian calendar, the Ministry of Finance and Herat customs have recorded annual revenue figures as follow:

In 1390, Herat Customs had 16 billion AFN incomes. The revenues in 1392 declined to 13 billion AFN and decreased to 9 billion AFN in 1393 compared to the previous years.

The statistics show 12 billion AFN incomes in 1394, while the figure increased to 20 billion AFN in 1396 and 1397. On 1398 the incomes once again declined to 16 billion AFN.

Meanwhile, in Twitter and Facebook posts a senior official of Herat customs has also shared daily incomes of the organization for the current year: On March 4, daily income was 136 million AFN, on July 8 the revenue was 119 million AFN and on July 9 the income was 122 million AFN, according to the statistics.

Meanwhile, the incomes of the organization could reach 33 billion AFN in the current year, figures show.

The Herat customs have averaged more than 10 billion AFN in revenue each year, but these figures do not reflect the actual incomes.

The Ministry of Finance, however, says not only the customs of Herat but also no customs across the country have the same revenue per year, due to a high volume of goods.

Continue Reading

Trending