Connect with us

Regional

Aviation Department to Control Afghanistan’s Space On Sep 2015: Zahir

Ariana News

Published

 on

(Last Updated On: June 28, 2015)

2

Aviation department of Afghanistan will have the Afghanistan control space in coming two and half months, while NATO,ISAF ,US had the Afghanistan’s space control responsibility.

Officials in Aviation department of Afghanistan stated that the supplies period is completed, in fresh contract 236 $ million, favor of saving is done for the Government of Afghanistan.

The following responsibility was supposed to be handed over to Afghan Government while International forces withdrawing Afghanistan at the beginning of the year of 2015,but Election problems caused the process to be delayed.

Head of the aviation independent department Cap Hamid Zahir said,” the responsibility of the handing over of the supervision of the Afghanistan space has been part of the handing over the whole country security responsibility, it was supposed to take place on January 2015, but it was postponed due to Election problems, on coming 16 of sep 2015 we will have the responsibility of the Afghanistan’s space in hand.”

The contract was to signed by private United Emirate,but the decision was changed with a US contractor.

Head of the National Policy and supplies Murtaza Noori said,” in fresh contract and US contractor indicates huge differences of 236$ million which the following contractor signed 47$ million for only two years, the previous contract which had been signed was for 5 years it cost was 283 $ million.”

The responsibility of the Afghanistan’s space was in the hands of NATO,ISAF and US forces since 2002,and after some years the Afghan Government will be independently run the duty to monitor its space.

Reported by Wahid Navesa.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Taliban attack security outposts in Nangarhar, killing 20

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: September 17, 2020)

The Taliban attacked the Afghan security outposts in eastern Nangarhar province on Wednesday night, killing at least 20 Afghan forces, a local official confirmed.

Attaullah Khogyani, a spokesman for the provincial governor told Ariana News, the clashes between the Afghan forces and the insurgents started after a large number of Taliban fighters stormed several security outposts in Sherzad, Khogyani, and Hisarak districts of the province.

At least 20 Afghan forces – including 12 policemen, three local policemen, and five members of public uprising forces – were killed and 30 others wounded in the battle, Khogyani said.

Khogyani, however, stated that the Taliban have also sustained heavy casualties.

He added that in the counter-attacks at least 30 Taliban insurgents were also killed and several more wounded.

The Taliban has not commented yet in this regard.

It comes as the Afghan government and the Taliban delegations are in Doha to negotiate a political resolution for ending the long-term war in the country.

The two sides held their first formal session on Tuesday evening and reached a consensus over the code of conduct and on moving forward to complete the working principals pertaining to talks going forward.

Meanwhile, the Afghan peace negotiating team leader, Masoom Stanekzai at his opening speech called on the Taliban to put an end to violence.

“The biggest and most important priority of our people is to stop the bloodshed in the country,” Stanekzai said.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Taliban attack Abshar district in Panjshir

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: September 8, 2020)

Taliban militants attacked the Abshar district of Panjshir province on Tuesday morning and took at least three civilians hostage.

Local officials told Ariana News that the insurgents stormed the Qale Tari village in the district at around 11 a.m. Tuesday.

Mansoor Anabi, a spokesman for the Panjshir governor said that security forces have been deployed in the area.

He added efforts are underway to release the hostages.

The Taliban, however, claimed that they had overrun a security checkpoint and captured three Afghan security force members.

This comes as the group also claimed on Sunday that its fighters had captured several checkpoints in the Paryan district of Panjshir, killing at least five Afghan forces and wounding one more.

The attack coincides with the 19th death anniversary of National Hero Ahmad Shah Massoud, who was himself from Panjshir.

Continue Reading

Featured

Afghan Security Forces convoy targeted by Taliban in Maidan Wardak

Ariana News

Published

on

(Last Updated On: September 7, 2020)

A convoy of Afghan security forces was targeted in an IED explosion in Deh Afghanan area of Maidan Shahr, the capital of Maidan Wardak province, on Monday morning.

Police confirmed the incident and said clashes then occurred between security forces and Taliban militants.

A policeman was injured in the shooting. 

Provincial police did not provide further details.

Meanwhile, in a separate incident, 25 Taliban fighters were killed and eight wounded in clashes and airstrikes in Laghman. 

This came after Afghan security forces responded to a Taliban attack on the  Alishang checkpoint in Jibon overnight.

Reports indicate there were casualties among the local police but no details have yet been provided. 

The Taliban has also not yet commented

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending