Latest News
Afghanistan’s reconstruction is in the interest of EU: Uzbek president
Mirziyoyev said that many who initially disagreed with Uzbekistan’s policy on Afghanistan are now compelled to recognize its correctness and inevitability.

Stabilising the situation in Afghanistan and its reconstruction are in the common interests of the Central Asian countries and the European Union, Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoyev has said.
Speaking in an interview with Euronews released Tuesday, Mirziyoyev mentioned that his country’s approach to Afghanistan has always been pragmatic and strategically oriented toward the long term.
“We have never isolated or turned away from our neighbour. We have always believed that Afghanistan’s development is impossible without constructive engagement with neighbouring countries, including Uzbekistan as its closest and most important partner,” he said.
Mirziyoyev said that many who initially disagreed with Uzbekistan’s policy on Afghanistan are now compelled to recognize its correctness and inevitability.
The Uzbek leader also criticized the former regime in Afghanistan for its inability to establish full control over the country’s territory, its unwillingness to engage in dialogue with the opposition, its lack of intent to form an inclusive government. He added that widespread corruption permeated all levels of the former administration.
“The current leadership has managed to stabilise the situation in Afghanistan and redirect its resources toward infrastructure development, including airports, domestic railway networks, and water and energy facilities, as well as toward reducing opium cultivation,” he said.
Mirziyoyev said that Afghanistan should be viewed through “the lens of emerging strategic opportunities.”
“It is critically important to integrate Afghanistan into global economic processes, including through the implementation of infrastructure projects on its territory,” he said.
Expressing readiness to jointly work with the European Union on Afghanistan, he said that the primary task at this stage is to continue to providing assistance in the field of education.
“I am convinced that stabilising the situation in Afghanistan and its reconstruction are in the common interests of the Central Asian countries and the European Union,” he said.
Latest News
Thirty, killed, 155 injured in traffic accidents in Afghanistan during Eid

As many as 80 traffic accidents occurred across Afghanistan on the last day of Ramadan and the three days of Eid-ul-Fitr, resulting in 30 deaths and 155 injuries, the General Directorate of Traffic of the Ministry of Interior Affairs has announced.
It said in a statement that the number of traffic accidents during Eid this year has decreased compared to last year, as there were 98 accidents during Eid last year, leaving 50 dead and 185 injured.
The statement said that the fatalities in traffic accidents during Eid this year include 19 men, 2 women and 9 children.
The injured include 117 men, 8 women and 30 children.
Latest News
More international support desperately needed for Afghanistan mine action: UNAMA

More international support is desperately needed for mine action in Afghanistan, which is one of one of the countries on earth that is most impacted by the explosive remnants of war, the United Nations mission in Afghanistan, UNAMA, said on Friday.
Marking the International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action, UNAMA said on X that over decades of conflict, tens of thousands of ordinary Afghans have lost their lives or limbs because of landmines and unexploded ordnance, adding that most of the victims today are children.
“Mine clearance work is painstaking, dangerous, and costly. Education to prevent accidents, and rehabilitation for those left with disabilities is also essential,” UNAMA said.
UNAMA called for more international support to Afghanistan, saying it “saves lives, and serves as an investment in a safer, more stable, and prosperous future for Afghanistan.”
In 2024, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) recorded that there were 434 children among those injured or killed in 251 incidents linked to diverse forms of explosive ordnance. This accounts for over 76 percent of the total number of recorded casualties.
Latest News
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chief minister proposes permanent residence for Afghan refugees

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur has proposed that Afghan refugees be granted permanent residence in Pakistan.
This comes as the Pakistani government is deporting Afghan refugees citing security concerns.
There are currently 2.1 million registered Afghan migrants in Pakistan, more than half of them in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Pakistani officials have repeatedly claimed that attacks in the country are planned on Afghan soil and that Afghan citizens have been involved in a number of attacks. The Islamic Emirate, however, has denied the claim, saying Afghanistan is not responsible for Pakistan’s “security failure”.
While the chief minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has called for permanent residence for Afghan refugees, its governor, Faisal Karim Kundi, has criticized the statement as “absurd.”
Kundi said the current security crisis in Pakistan is deeply linked to Afghanistan and 70 percent of recent attacks in Pakistan have been planned on Afghan soil.
He also claimed that weapons left over from foreign forces in Afghanistan are now being used against Pakistan, a claim the Islamic Emirate has previously denied.
-
World5 days ago
Myanmar quake death toll hits 1,700 as aid scramble intensifies
-
Sport5 days ago
IPL 2025: Gujarat Titans beat Mumbai Indians by 36 runs
-
Latest News4 days ago
Switzerland re-establishes presence in Kabul with humanitarian office
-
Latest News4 days ago
Pakistan plans to expel 3 million Afghan refugees this year
-
World4 days ago
South Korea, China, Japan seek regional trade amid Trump tariffs
-
Regional4 days ago
Iran’s Khamenei warns of ‘strong’ response if US attacks
-
Latest News3 days ago
US won’t rest until all Americans detained in Afghanistan brought home: Rubio
-
Latest News3 days ago
Bulgaria brings five people to trial over deaths of 18 Afghan migrants