Latest News
Presidential citadel reacts to Taliban “Spring Offensive”; stresses Afghan forces spirits unbroken

Afghanistan presidential palace in reaction to the announced statement by the Taliban to launch spring offensive said the Taliban’s “Omari” operation is not more than a propaganda and ineffective effort.
The Taliban declared the start of their fighting season on Tuesday, vowing to take control of more territory and launch large-scale attacks against the Afghan government and its foreign allies, including the U.S.
In an email to media, the militants said the spring offensive had begun at 5 a.m. They dubbed the campaign “Operation Omari” in honor of Taliban founder Mullah Mohammad Omar, who died three years ago.
“Jihad against the aggressive and usurping infidel army is a holy obligation upon our necks and our only recourse for re-establishing an Islamic system and regaining our independence,” the Taliban said in a statement.
The presidential Palace in reaction to the statement said Afghan security forces were prepared to respond to any kind of attack.
“The initiative on the battlefield is in hands of Afghan forces. The Afghan “Shafaq” operation has dealt a heavy blow to the Taliban,” Dawa Khan Mina Pal, President’s deputy spokesman said.
Meanwhile, the National Defense Ministry emphasizes that Taliban are weak against Afghan forces and the experience of Kunduz fall would not be repeated in the future.
“We had a fierce battle last year and we are trying to do not repeat the experience of Kunduz fall again,” Muhammad Radmanesh, deputy spokesman of defense ministry said.
In the meantime, a number of Afghan senators declared that the National Unity Government (NUG) must take serious measures against Taliban’s spring offensive.
The senators stressed to not compassionate to those who target the Afghan people.
They noted that the regional countries seek to rise insecurity in Afghanistan and the government should prevent such machinations.
“The government should take serious measures against the armed Taliban group started a spring offensive and mobilize security institutions to prevent their activities,” senator Jomaddin Geyanwal said.
“The security forces should have no mercy to those who do not want peace and use any option for their elimination,” senator Muhammad Asef Sidiqi said.
The High Peace Council (HPC) is also awaiting for Pakistan’s integrity in brining Taliban to the negotiation table.
“This is important that Pakistan’s honesty is still not clear as previously, the quartet meeting held between US, China, Pakistan and Afghanistan for peace,” Khaibar Ochqun, deputy of HPC said.
In line with recent statements, the militants also said they would establish good governance in areas they controlled and avoid civilian casualties and damage to infrastructure.
The seasons have long shaped violence in Afghanistan with fighting easing off in the winter, when mountain passes get snowed in, and picking up again in the spring and summer.
Fighting between the Afghan government and the Taliban is now in its 15th year, and the violence shows no sign of abating.

Latest News
Acting FM Muttaqi discusses trade and transit ties with UAE envoy in Kabul

Acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi on Friday met with Saif Mohammad al-Katbi, UAE’s special representative for Afghanistan and discussed bilateral relations, trade, visa facilitation, transit development and regional issues, said Zia Ahmad Takal, the head of public relations at the foreign ministry.
In a statement, Takal stated that Muttaqi evaluated the relations between the Islamic Emirate and the UAE as positive and expressed hope that implementing the agreements made during the recent visit to the UAE would further develop the trade and transit relations between the two countries.
According to the statement, Mohammad al-Katbi also regarded the relations between the two countries as important and added that the purpose of his visit to Kabul was to follow up on the recent agreements between the two countries’ foreign ministers.
Latest News
EU-Central Asia summit calls for inclusive government in Afghanistan

The leaders of the European Union and five Central Asian states called for an inclusive government in Afghanistan that respects human rights and fundamental freedoms in a summit in Samarkand city of Uzbekistan on Friday.
“We emphasised our strong commitment to see Afghanistan develop into a secure, stable and prosperous State with inclusive government and governance systems that respects the human rights and fundamental freedoms of all its citizens, including women, girls, persons belonging to ethnic and religious groups and minorities, is at peace with itself and its neighbours, and that respects its international obligations,” the summit’s declaration reads.
They also expressed concern over the humanitarian situation in Afghanistan and recognized the need to continue supporting the people of Afghanistan.
The summit also called for “full and equal access to education conforming to international standards and participation in public life of women and girls in Afghanistan.”
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) has repeatedly claimed that the current government in Afghanistan is inclusive and that human rights are respected.
Samarkand meeting marked first EU-Central Asia summit.
The leaders of the European Union and five Central Asian countries including Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan held their first summit on Friday to discuss ways to boost trade and other ties.
Addressing the summit, Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev expressed regret that the global community underestimates challenges emerging from Afghanistan.
“We believe it is important to actively engage the Afghan side in regional economic processes, also through implementation of investment and infrastructure projects, restoring the social sector.” Mirziyoyev said. “We hope for understanding and support in facilitating the international community’s constructive dialogue with the Afghan authorities to meet the current commitments.”
Latest News
Thirty, killed, 155 injured in traffic accidents in Afghanistan during Eid

As many as 80 traffic accidents occurred across Afghanistan on the last day of Ramadan and the three days of Eid-ul-Fitr, resulting in 30 deaths and 155 injuries, the General Directorate of Traffic of the Ministry of Interior Affairs has announced.
It said in a statement that the number of traffic accidents during Eid this year has decreased compared to last year, as there were 98 accidents during Eid last year, leaving 50 dead and 185 injured.
The statement said that the fatalities in traffic accidents during Eid this year include 19 men, 2 women and 9 children.
The injured include 117 men, 8 women and 30 children.
-
World5 days ago
Myanmar quake death toll hits 1,700 as aid scramble intensifies
-
Latest News4 days ago
Switzerland re-establishes presence in Kabul with humanitarian office
-
Latest News4 days ago
Pakistan plans to expel 3 million Afghan refugees this year
-
World4 days ago
South Korea, China, Japan seek regional trade amid Trump tariffs
-
Regional4 days ago
Iran’s Khamenei warns of ‘strong’ response if US attacks
-
Latest News3 days ago
Afghanistan’s reconstruction is in the interest of EU: Uzbek president
-
Latest News3 days ago
US won’t rest until all Americans detained in Afghanistan brought home: Rubio
-
Latest News3 days ago
Bulgaria brings five people to trial over deaths of 18 Afghan migrants