Connect with us

Latest News

Afghan leaders to visit Washington for re-examining U.S. withdrawal plan

Avatar

Published

 on

(Last Updated On: February 8, 2015)

OBAMA  _08_02_2015_DARI_SOT.avi_snapshot_01.24_[2015.02.08_16.56.51]

Afghan National Unity Government leaders will travel to the United States of America next month to negotiate on U.S. mission in Afghanistan after 2016.

The NUG leaders are scheduled to meet the U.S. President Barak Obama and The Congress members on the late of March 2015 in order to ask for re-examining the American troop’s withdrawal plan from Afghanistan.

Sayed Tayeb Jawad, International advisor of the Chief Executive Officer said,” This is a very crucial visit for Afghanistan because we have signed strategic agreement with Washington and we will discuss on our strategic plans for good governance, economic and security with our American counterpart”.

This travel will happen after signs of ISIL activities were reported recently in Afghanistan, but ANSF Forces are well prepared to tackle these challenges.

Afghanistan has passed successfully the transition period, but new risks are raising in the region and the U.S. will downsize their forces in Afghanistan too, this travel paves the way to negotiate these issues in order to extend the American forces support training and advising mission for Afghan Security Forces,” Mr. Jawad added.

The decision revealed after Obama stated on his National Security Strategy regarding Afghanistan that,” Our counter-terrorism strategy is still at work in Afghanistan,” he also added that,” Now, we are focused on supporting a sovereign and stable Afghanistan that will not be a safe haven for al-Qaida terrorist. Even as we help develop Afghan security forces, we will continue to keep pressure on al-Qa’ida through a capable counterterrorism mission”.

Aziz Rafi, a political expert said,” I think Americans will be stationed in Afghanistan for a long time and I hope they keep their forces here for a long time too”.

The U.S. ended their combat mission in Afghanistan and now the President Obama has planned to withdraw all U.S. forces by the end of 2016 as he leaves the chair for his successor who will win the elections.

Reported By: Nasrat Parsa

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Business

Da Afghanistan Bank sees increase in gross reserves

Avatar

Published

on

(Last Updated On: June 1, 2020)

The gross domestic product (GDP) of the central bank of Afghanistan, Da Afghanistan Bank, has reached more than $9 billion for the first time.

Officials at the bank said that although the global aid to Afghanistan has declined, they have succeeded to increase the bank’s reserves.

Economists also underline that the central bank’s efforts will lure global funds.

The bank’s authority has stated that they have, for the first time, been able to increase the GDP to over $9 billion.

According to them, last year about AFN22 billion was deposited in the government reserves through investments in foreign financial institutions.

Although the Coronavirus pandemic has devalued Afghan currency against the dollar, the authority is pushing for effective programs to keep the value of the currency afloat, they said.

Welcoming the strengthening of the gross reserves of DAB, experts say that the central bank’s efforts would attract global funds for good.

Continue Reading

COVID-19

Concerns over Coronavirus rapid outbreak in Afghanistan

Avatar

Published

on

(Last Updated On: May 31, 2020)

The COVID19 outbreak status in Afghanistan has turned disastrous, as there are few health measures in hand.

The Ministry of Public Health says 680 new cases of the Coronavirus have been tested positive in the last 24 hours hiking the count of the infected to 15,205 in Afghanistan.

The ministry underlines that there are no sufficient gears to reach out to all patients and that any negligence will have dire consequences for the nation.

“Some 1,112 samples have been examined in the past 24 hours, of which 680 have tested positive, with eight deaths,” said Wahidullah Majrooh, deputy of the MOPH.

He added: “Unfortunately, Coronavirus scope has widened and the tragedy is imminent, and our only hope is the cooperation of the people. If they cooperate, we can control the situation.”

“The consumption of oxygen alone is very high overnight, while there is so little of the product.”

Nonetheless, the health ministry reiterates that health workers are ready to provide services to the people in any situation and to fight against the pandemic with whatever is available.

In the meantime, the Herat department of hajj and religious affairs has warned the imams in the province to strictly follow and pass on health guidelines instructions while leading the prayers, or else, they will be dismissed of their duties.

Continue Reading

COVID-19

Al-Aqsa Mosque reopens to worshippers – Jerusalem

Avatar

Published

on

(Last Updated On: May 31, 2020)

After over two months of lockdown for the Coronavirus, Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque compound has been reopened, international news agencies.

The Council of Islamic Waqf, which oversees Muslim sites on the complex, said the restriction was lifted after the virus’ spread slowed down locally.

The council also imposed some precautionary measures to reduce the risk of contagion at Islam’s third-holiest site.

That is, worshippers must wear face masks and bring personal prayer rugs should they wish to pray in the mosque or on the grounds.

It worth mentioning that the Al-Aqsa Mosque which is located in the Old City of Jerusalem, is the third holiest site in Islam.

The mosque was built on top of the Temple Mount, known as the Al Aqsa Compound or Haram-e-Sharif in Islam.

Celebrating the reopening, dozens of Muslims gathered in front of the large wooden doors, pronouncing, “God is greatest, we will protect Al-Aqsa with our soul and blood.”

Reportedly, the resumption of prayers capped a somber period for Jerusalem’s Muslims, who this year marked the fasting month of Ramadan and the Eid al-Fitr holiday without their usual daily visits to Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Continue Reading

Trending