Afghan Forces Edge Closer To ‘Retake’ Helmand’s Nawa District from Taliban

(Last Updated On: July 3, 2017)

Afghan security forces have begun offensive for reclaiming Nawa district of southern Helmand province from the Taliban armed group, officials said Monday.

The operation which conducted since Sunday night so far left 42 dead and 27 more injured to the Taliban armed fighters, the Provincial Police Chief’s Spokesman, Abdul Salam Afghan said.

Afghan forces have reached to the center of Nawa district and soon will capture the district, he said.  

According to Afghan, the security forces have suffered no casualties during the operation, reasoning air forces’ support for its cause.

The Taliban has not commented regarding the report so far.

About Ariana News

Check Also

Afghan Gov’t Ready to Negotiate with Reconcilable Oppositions: CE Abdullah

(Last Updated On: September 25, 2018)The Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah has addressed the Nelson Mandela …