Connect with us

Latest News

Abdullah calls for ‘system support’ as clashes close in on Kabul

Published

on

Abdullah Abdullah, Chairman of the High Council for National Reconciliation (HCNR), said Wednesday that clashes between security forces and the Taliban have reached the entrance gates of the capital, Kabul, and that “people have to support the system”.

Addressing the sixth session of the HCNR’s Leadership Committee meeting, Abdullah stated that as the international forces are close to completing their withdrawal process, a security vacuum has been created.

He said the Taliban could intensify violence if a unified political consensus is not created.

Abdullah stated that the group is playing for time; and that Afghan leaders have to determine their priorities.

“While we want peace, war is approaching the gates of the Afghan capital; I think a declaration of the full support of the elders is necessary,” Abdullah said.

The HCNR chairman also called for more international mediation amid stalled peace talks in Doha, Qatar.

“The contact teams are in touch with each other. Mediation by the United Nations and Qatar has also increased, and [hopefully] this will lead to the acceleration of the peace process,” he added.

This comes as clashes have continued to intensify across the country.

In the latest development, Taliban militants seized control of six district centers – in Takhar, Kapisa, Balkh, Samangan, Ghazni, and Kandahar provinces – in the past 24 hours, local sources told Ariana News.

According to the sources, Farkhar district in Takhar, Alasay in Kapisa, Kaldar in Balkh, Feroz Nakhchir in Samangan, Gelan in Ghazni, and Khakrez in Kandahar province fell to the Taliban in this time.

Kaldar, in Balkh, fell to the Taliban last week but Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) in cooperation with local uprising forces, led by the province’s former governor, Atta Mohammad Noor, regained control of the district on Tuesday, but on Wednesday, the Taliban released a video claiming the group had recaptured the district center.

Fawad Aman, deputy spokesman for the Ministry of Defense (MoD) said early Wednesday the ANDSF had pushed back the Taliban in many areas across the country.

“We have captured many areas and have launched heavy attacks on the enemy,” said Aman.

Local sources, meanwhile, told Ariana News that the Taliban have also recaptured Mirzaka district in Paktia, Dawlat Abad in Faryab, Shortepa and Kaldar in Balkh, Chah Ab, and Hazar Smoch in Takhar and Tala wa Barfak in Baghlan.

“Seven out of 14 districts are under Taliban control in the province,” said Shafiqullah Ahadi, an activist in Baghlan.

Sources in Takhar and Badakhshan provinces also said that the security situation had deteriorated in their provinces.

“Taliban have surrounded Takhar province, but operations have not started so far,” said Sayed Sayyed Salahuddin Burhani a member of Takhar provincial council.

“Taliban attempt to seize more areas,” said Ziaullhaq, an MP.

In addition, the Taliban has also reportedly seized control of the Khakrez district in Kandahar province and heavy clashes are ongoing in Grishk, Garmsir, Marjah, Nad Ali, and Nawa districts of Helmand province, as well as in the provincial capital Lashkhargah.

“Taliban want to capture districts, and Lashkargah city will also fall if the government does not help,” said Attaullah Haq Bayan, head of Helmand provincial council.
Afghan Commandos meanwhile have retaken control of the Imam Sahib Port in Kunduz after the Taliban seized the port last week.

Abdul Hadi Nazari, a spokesman for the 217th Pamir Military Corps, said at least 13 Taliban had been killed in the operation.

The Taliban has not yet commented.

Latest News

IEA says marriage separation regulation aligns with Sharia

The spokesman added that only in the past year, thousands of cases of forced marriages involving girls were addressed in the courts.

Published

on

Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesman for the Islamic Emirate, said during an interview that criticism by some circles regarding the marriage separation regulation is not new and should not be given importance by those opposing Islamic principles.

Mujahid said those who accept Islamic laws should have no concerns in this regard, adding that there is no law within the Islamic Emirate that contradicts Islamic Sharia.

The spokesman also stated that under Islamic Sharia and Hanafi jurisprudence, fathers and grandfathers have guardianship and authority over their minor children, provided that they are kind, have no history of cruelty, are free from mental disorders, are not addicted to narcotics, and do not make decisions regarding their children because of poverty.

Mujahid further said that the ruling does not mean granting unrestricted permission to people, but was issued to create ease for the country’s courts so judges can make decisions more easily in such cases.

He stressed that the Supreme Leader has separately ordered that marrying off a girl without her consent is prohibited.

Mujahid added that only in the past year, thousands of cases of forced marriages involving girls were addressed in the courts of the Islamic Emirate and through the complaint-hearing department of the Ministry for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, which he said shows the Islamic Emirate’s attention to women’s rights.

The remarks come after the Ministry of Justice recently published the marriage separation regulation. Some circles criticized the regulation, claiming that the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan had allowed or facilitated the marriage of underage girls.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Xi and Putin pledge closer coordination on Afghanistan issues

China and Russia highlighted mechanisms as important channels for pursuing a political settlement and supporting long-term stability in Afghanistan.

Published

on

China and Russia have pledged closer coordination on Afghanistan, warning that terrorism remains a serious threat to regional and global security. The two nations also called for stronger international cooperation with Kabul.

In a lengthy joint statement issued during Russian President Vladimir Putin’s visit to China, Beijing and Moscow said they support Afghanistan’s efforts to eliminate terrorism and stressed that Afghan territory should not be used to threaten neighboring countries or the wider region.

The statement, released following talks between Chinese President Xi Jinping and Putin in Beijing, said both countries would deepen bilateral and multilateral cooperation on Afghan affairs and continue backing regional diplomatic platforms focused on Afghanistan.

China and Russia highlighted mechanisms as important channels for pursuing a political settlement and supporting long-term stability in Afghanistan.

“Both sides attach great importance to and support the positive and constructive role played by regional platforms such as the Foreign Ministers’ Meeting of Afghanistan’s Neighboring Countries, the Moscow Format consultations on the Afghan issue, the China-Russia-Pakistan-Iran Quad mechanism, and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation in the political settlement of the Afghan issue,” the statement read.

The two sides also warned that terrorism continues to threaten Afghanistan and surrounding countries, urging regional states and the international community to expand counter-terrorism cooperation with Kabul.

According to the joint statement, both governments support Afghanistan in achieving “lasting peace and stability” and emphasized the importance of regional coordination in addressing security challenges.

The Afghanistan section formed part of a broader China-Russia declaration covering regional security, international conflicts, economic cooperation and opposition to unilateral sanctions.

The statement also addressed developments in the Middle East, Ukraine and the Korean Peninsula, while reaffirming support for multilateral organizations including BRICS and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.

According to the statement, both sides agreed that “the US-Israel military strikes against Iran violated international law and the basic norms of international relations, severely undermining stability in the Middle East.

They emphasized that the parties involved in the conflict should return to dialogue and negotiation as soon as possible to prevent the spread and spillover of the conflict.

They also called on the international community to uphold an objective and impartial stance, promote de-escalation, and jointly safeguard the basic norms of international relations.

In addition, both sides advocated for a lasting ce asefire in Gaza, believing it would contribute to long-term stability and provide unimpeded humanitarian access for all who need it.

“They affirmed that the Palestinian question should be resolved comprehensively, justly, and lastingly based on universally recognized international law and centered on the two-state solution, leading to the establishment of an independent, prosperous, and territorially complete Palestinian state that can coexist peacefully and securely with Israel,” the statement read.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Mullah Baradar visits Hairatan Port, reviews plans for 24-hour services

According to the decisions made, the staffing of government institutions at the port will be increased as needed.

Published

on

Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs, accompanied by a delegation, visited Hairatan Port on Wednesday, according to the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs Office.

During the visit, discussions focused on ensuring the provision of 24-hour services at Hairatan Port and addressing the existing challenges faced by government institutions operating there, including the ministries of Finance, Industry and Commerce, Foreign Affairs, Transport and Aviation, and Public Works, as well as the Hairatan Commissionerate, the Food and Drug Authority, the Standards and Quality Authority, and some state-owned corporations. Necessary decisions were taken to resolve these issues.

According to the decisions made, the staffing of government institutions at the port will be increased as needed. Large and standard parking facilities, administrative buildings, cargo loading and unloading centers, advanced laboratories, standard roads, and cold storage facilities will be constructed.

The existing railway lines will be expanded, transportation vehicles will be provided to facilitate transport and logistics, digital weighing scales will be installed for measuring heavy loads, and mobile scanners will be deployed to prevent smuggling.

The office stated that these measures are expected to enable the uninterrupted delivery of efficient 24-hour export and import services at Hairatan Port, which, in turn, will increase the volume of bilateral trade between Afghanistan and Uzbekistan and contribute positively to economic growth.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Ariana News. All rights reserved!