Tehran says it is ‘unhappy’ about IEA taking news of killing of Afghans at border seriously

Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Monday that Tehran is “surprised and unhappy” that “some officials” of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) took reports of Afghan migrants being killed by Iranian border guards seriously.
Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson, Ismail Beqaei, emphasized that the reports were baseless.
“The Afghan authorities issued a statement on this matter. We were surprised and displeased that a non-existent matter was reported and some officials of Afghanistan took this baseless news seriously. I hope we all learn from this issue to be more careful about any news published in the media,” Beqaei said.
A human rights organization reported that dozens of Afghan migrants were killed and wounded by Iranian border forces about three weeks ago.
The Islamic Emirate said last week that explosions and gunfire targeted Afghan nationals in the Kalgan Valley, situated in Iranian territory, adding that the bodies of two deceased people and 34 injured have been repatriated.

Latest News
Acting foreign minister Muttaqi travels to Saudi Arabia

Acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi has traveled to Saudi Arabia, Islamic Emirate spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said in a post on X on Friday.
Mujahid called the trip “an important step in further strengthening the friendly relations between the two countries.”
He also spoke about the “honorable reception and excellent protocol” extended by Saudi officials to Muttaqi, adding that this reception reflects “Saudi Arabia’s goodwill and positive relations” with the Islamic Emirate.
Business
Trump unveils first $5 million ‘gold card’ visa

Holding a prototype that bore his face and an inscription “The Trump Card”, the Republican president told reporters that the special visa would probably be available “in less than two weeks”.
“I’m the first buyer,” he said. “Pretty exciting, huh?”
Trump previously said that sales of the new visa, a high-price version of the traditional green card, would bring in job creators and could be used to reduce the US national deficit.
The billionaire former real estate tycoon, who has made the deportation of millions of undocumented migrants a priority for his second term, said the new card would be a route to highly prized US citizenship.
He said in February that his administration hoped to sell “maybe a million” of the cards and did not rule out that Russian oligarchs may be eligible.
(AFP)
Latest News
Acting FM Muttaqi discusses trade and transit ties with UAE envoy in Kabul

Acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi on Friday met with Saif Mohammad al-Katbi, UAE’s special representative for Afghanistan and discussed bilateral relations, trade, visa facilitation, transit development and regional issues, said Zia Ahmad Takal, the head of public relations at the foreign ministry.
In a statement, Takal stated that Muttaqi evaluated the relations between the Islamic Emirate and the UAE as positive and expressed hope that implementing the agreements made during the recent visit to the UAE would further develop the trade and transit relations between the two countries.
According to the statement, Mohammad al-Katbi also regarded the relations between the two countries as important and added that the purpose of his visit to Kabul was to follow up on the recent agreements between the two countries’ foreign ministers.
-
Latest News5 days ago
Switzerland re-establishes presence in Kabul with humanitarian office
-
Latest News5 days ago
Pakistan plans to expel 3 million Afghan refugees this year
-
World5 days ago
South Korea, China, Japan seek regional trade amid Trump tariffs
-
Regional5 days ago
Iran’s Khamenei warns of ‘strong’ response if US attacks
-
Latest News4 days ago
Afghanistan’s reconstruction is in the interest of EU: Uzbek president
-
Latest News4 days ago
US won’t rest until all Americans detained in Afghanistan brought home: Rubio
-
Latest News4 days ago
Bulgaria brings five people to trial over deaths of 18 Afghan migrants
-
Latest News3 days ago
Ministry of Economy calls on US to release Afghanistan’s frozen funds