25 Militants Killed in Kandahar Airstrikes

(Last Updated On: March 12, 2018)

25 militants were killed and 14 others wounded as the result of airstrikes conducted by Afghan Air Force in the southern Kandahar province, said local security officials.

“The airstrikes were carried out last night after the militants attacked a security outpost in Surkhbed area of Meyaneshin district”, said Zia Durani, spokesman of Kandahar Police Chief.

Kandahar local officials didn’t provide further details whether security forces also suffered casualties in the militants attack or not.

The area is said to be where militants had kidnapped a number of passengers around two weeks ago, along Kandahar-Urozgan highway.

Local authorities of Kandahar had informed around two weeks ago that nearly 30 passengers were abducted by the militants from the highway connecting Kandahar and Urozgan.

The Taliban militant group has not commented regarding the incident so far.

About Ariana News

Check Also

Afghan Gov’t Ready to Negotiate with Reconcilable Oppositions: CE Abdullah

(Last Updated On: September 25, 2018)The Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah has addressed the Nelson Mandela …