A civilian was killed and five others wounded by a Taliban-fired rocket in Surkh-Rod district of Nangarhar province on Wednesday afternoon, local officials said.
Provincial governor spokesman Ataullah Khogyani told Ariana News the incident occurred during clashes between Afghan forces and Taliban militants in Fatah Abad area of the district yesterday afternoon.
He added that a Taliban-fired rocket strayed into a civilian house which killed one civilian and wounded five others including a woman.
The wounded people had been taken to the hospital for treatment.
The Taliban has not made a comment about the report yet.
This comes as the number of civilian deaths in the Afghan war has reached a record high this year. According to UN figures released on July, the number of deaths of women and children grew especially fast, primarily due to the Taliban’s use of homemade bombs, which caused 40% of civilians casualties in the first six months of 2017.