Diplomatic efforts fail to halt missile attacks: Musazai
Mon Aug 06, 2:23 pm
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs says the diplomatic efforts to stop missile attacks from Pakistan on the border areas of Afghanistan have been fruitless so far.
A national decision should be taken in response to the missiles attacks as it is more than just a matter for the foreign ministry, Janan Musazai a spokesman for ministry of foreign affairs told a news conference Sunday in Kabul.
“Unfortunately our efforts so far have been inconclusive but of course we will continue these efforts. We can submit our protest or concern or our objection to the UN Security Council. But making a decision is out of foreign ministry’s authority, a government level decision should be taken regarding this issue,” Musazai stated to reporters.
He insisted any decision in this regard should be done carefully and in respect to national interests.
The cross-border missile attacks have continued for the last year. So far, hundreds of residents have evacuated the area, and a number of families have suffered huge damages.
Recently on Saturday, the Afghan House of Representatives unseated the defense and interior ministers over the same issue of foreign incursions from Pakistan.