On Tuesday night reports emerged, suggesting that the Afghan security forces have stormed into a high school belonging to the Afghan-Turk schools and detained four teachers of the school including one Afghan and three Turkish.
Criticizing the raid which reportedly conducted by the Afghan intelligence operatives, the parents of students urged prosecution of perpetrators of the incident.
“Afghan intelligence operatives and police forces are no longer national, they should apologize and release the teachers,” said Fazl Ahmad Manawi, parent of a student.
The move against Afghan Turk CAG Educational NGO (ATCE), the body that runs the schools, is said to be part of a Turkish campaign against followers of Fethullah Gulen, a U.S.-based cleric who is being accused of involvement in a failed coup attempt in July 2016 aimed at ousting President Tayyip Erdogan.
“Anyone who is a criminal and being involved in political activities should be treated legally and based on documents and evidence. This kind of dictatorship is unacceptable within the school,” said Kamal Naser Osoli, parent of a student who is also a member of the Lower House of parliament.
The Acting Minister of Education, Mohammad Ibrahim Shinwari, however, said that the teachers will be on their duty at the school soon; “the decision is not intentional” and they could compromise on the issue.
However, the security institutions including the intelligence agency have not commented regarding the operation so far.